Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / TML: Working around bugs, looking better then ever =)

Author
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2003 19:55
Today I had an idea of how to work around the 180 degree tile bug without too much work and still be ready to switch back when a bugfix comes. Thanks to Photoshop it worked nicely =)

I also darkened the water image and it worked perfectly at the first try =)

I turned on 4xAA and 2xAF and improved texture quality making my GF2Pro 64 crawl. But damn it looks good =) The lines between the tiles are almost gone with this setting.

Here's a lovely shot of the sea that looked so horrible before that I didn't want to show it. Some of you may remember the bug shots I posted a while back.

[b]Digital Awakening
Game in developement: 3D RPG - The Magic Land
Visit DigAw.com for more info and shots
Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2003 21:20
Over at RGT ppl are asking me to not use the grass texture under water but I'm not. So I gave them a closeup of my beautiful waving water.

[b]Digital Awakening
hexGEAR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2003 21:58
well, all i can say is that your landscape graphics are awesome, even your character stats. graphics (from another one of your threads ) was v.good, professional i would say. I guess in terms of visuals your sorted, when will the demo be out so we can check out the gameplay?

your birth was a blessing, sent to live and die on earth as a lesson, we each have a star all you have to do is find it, once you do, everyone who sees it will be blinded - DMX
Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2003 23:04
Hex:
Thanks =)

I'm not sure when I will make a demo. I still need one bug fixed for good looking animated objects, my turn up blak and white cause I don't use textures. That could be worked around though but it takes time. And I'm running out of it. Maybe I'll make an exploration demo without animation, I don't know.

[b]Digital Awakening

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 00:59:58
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 00:59:58