Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Just got a Palm Tungsten for free :)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2004 18:15
Hi all,
- got a free Palm Tungsten-T from work yesterday, they probably expect me to use it as an organiser or something, but really it's gonna be for MP3's and games.

Anyone got some links to freeware games and apps for it?

Van-B

It's c**p being the only coder in the village.
Peter H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Dec 2004 03:28
oh oh oh!!

here's the best game i've found for single player
Space Trader

and here's my favourite Multi player...(have to register for more then two players )
Strategic Commander

"We make the worst games in the universe."

Jimmy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Dec 2004 03:57
free...ware...? what is this word?

Remember, Jimmy still loves you.
Luke B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Dec 2004 05:07
@ van b try [href]www.palmgear.com[/href].
try snails - not freeware but cheap and excellent gameplay.

TI 126Mhz, 584MB RAM, no HDD, 320x320 screen... wait that's my Palm
>> Athlon XP 2400+, 512MB RAM, 120GB HDD, XP Pro SP2 with DX 9.0c
Want an eight way Opteron *workstation*
Mentor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Dec 2004 05:13
freeware palm, all the freeware you could want (I have 4 palm devices, a Tungsten, Zire and two M105`s)

http://www.freewarepalm.com/

If you get a 512mb SD card you can get a movie on it with the Kinomea file creation utility (just install all the extras), just amaze your friends by watching Pirates of the caribean on your Palm device and STILL have room for apps, music and data .

Mentor.

PC1: P4 3ghz, 1gig mem, 3x160gig hd`s, Radeon 9800pro w cooler (3rd gfx card), 6 way speakers.
PC2: AMD 2ghz, 512mb ram, FX5200 ultra, 16 bit SB.
Mini ATX cases suck.
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Dec 2004 19:31
Cool thanks guys!.

I have a cool digi cam too, that record movies (it actually looks like a mini handycam or something - but I'll be able to record movies on my camera, and stick the memory right into the Tungsten to replay it. I always shrugged off PDA's as boring yuppie gadgets, but once you reduce them to mere toys they're actually pretty cool.

Ohh, anyone know of a colour art package for it? - even just a colour version of that scribble pad thing would be good.

Van-B

jasuk70
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Dec 2004 19:32
@Van B, If you like Audio books there is a site called Audible.com which you can buy books on audio (Cheaply via a subscription service) or they have free ones. The subscription is $14.95 (Around £11) a month for 1 book a month (Costs usually around $40 per book seperatly). They support the Tungsten device for playback. I use it all the time (Subscribed to a 2 book a month program). I think you may get a free book buy just joining (Not subscribing) so it may be worth a try. If you do use "jasuk70" as a recruiter and I might be able to win a holiday .

Jas

----
"What is this talk of 'release'? Klingons do not'release' software. It escapes leaving a bloody trail of developers and quality assurance people in its wake!"
blanky
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2004 02:43
You want a basic Paint program for a Palm device?

Well I'll make you one..

[1 minute later]

Sod! Stupid Microsoft, with only their stupid support for their stupid retarded Pocket-stupid-PC O-stupid-S...

Oh well, Google'll have to do...

[Later...]

Ha! Nailed it right through the heart with a caterpillar!

[href]www.pilotzone.com/palm/multimedia_drawing_default.html[/href]

Luke B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2004 03:02
@ Van B:
A painting program? Try mobile paint from [href]www.mobi-systems.com[/href] - quite pricey but very good

Make sure you only scan \DCIM when using it with a memory card though

TI 126Mhz, 584MB RAM, no HDD, 320x320 screen... wait that's my Palm
>> Athlon XP 2400+, 512MB RAM, 120GB HDD, XP Pro SP2 with DX 9.0c
Want an eight way Opteron *workstation*
AnDrEy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2004 17:50
www.palmtown.com
They have loads of (free) things for palm, I think I saw a paint program in there some time ago.

Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2004 18:00
Cool - thanks all.

I was thinking about trying my hand at a little coding for it - I'd love a sprite editor for it you see, for making 2D RPG graphics (a little side project I have in mind). I'll have to look into it.

Van-B

jasuk70
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2004 19:29
VanB,
I use a email program on it called snappermail which might be worth looking into. It seems much better than the one you get with the Tungston. Especially now they support smaller fonts. That with a fold-away keyboard make it a great email client, used in conjuntion with GPRS and blue tooth on a mobile phone.

Jas

----
"What is this talk of 'release'? Klingons do not'release' software. It escapes leaving a bloody trail of developers and quality assurance people in its wake!"

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 02:31:52
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 02:31:52