Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / Clothe exporting for fighting game

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2003 22:31
Hey
i have a question for all you 3d gurus here
i am making a very hot fighting game in 3d max4 and am basically finished modelling the characters i am making a fighting game and will be using flowing clothes
i just learned how to animate clothe like effects using the flex modifier but when ever i export it to any file format into 3d exploration the animated object doesnt move

can you help me please
hexGEAR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2003 23:41
hmm, had the same problem, i created a water plane in 3dsmax and animated the wavey and rippling fx, after exporting the object with the animations into both .3ds and .x formats and loading them into dark basic, none of them moved when i animated it, i guess animation in dark basic refers to individual object movement rather than object vertices/faces ect movements. I think dark basic pro can do it though! I gues viewing your animated object on a 3d explorations program would have the same effect.

your birth was a blessing, sent to live and die on earth as a lesson, we each have a star all you have to do is find it, once you do, everyone who sees it will be blinded - DMX
Lancewrath
Years of Service
User Offline
Ya i had the same problem..in fact i used like 10 other convertors and still ran into the same problem. I have a way you can use your 3ds file without having to convert it to x and it still works just as good..
go here
http://darkedit.nmisoftware.com/meshdef.html

if you have any problems figuring out how to animate the model just post and ill help ya.. also after you do the maxscript part on here..and it exports the frames.. you might wanna load each frame up and delete the bones cause they have a habit of popping out of the model in DB

if god = infinity and infinity = 0 then god = 0
Fluffy Paul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2003 15:26
Yeah, but infinity isn't 0, is it? It's a bit bigger than that.
Boegiboe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2003 19:43
I'm pretty sure that DB will only accept transitions/translations (can't remember the actual term) from 3ds Max. I.e. if you rotate, move or scale the object during the animation. Any such modifers you apply which may affect the numer of polygons will not carry over to DB....I think. Is just like bones...they don't seem to port over when you animate a model using bones instead of moving each limb separately.......but I'm using DB 1.13 so could be different with Pro?

If we could strike, I guarantee you there would be martial law.
http://www32.brinkster.com/boegiboe
Disco Stu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2003 10:43
DB is definately different to DBPRO. I'm not sure about PRO because I don't use it, but there's no way you can get a mesh deformations animted in other porgrams working in DB 1.13, so for water and the like you'd be better off making a matrix and animating the points in DB. But again it could be possible in pro.
Sorry if you all already know this.
Sina.

"Maybe if you ain't so good, I ain't so bad."--Tony Manero to Stephanie (Karen Lynn Gorney)
Boegiboe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2003 16:21
I had a vague idea after wasting several hours trying!

If we could strike, I guarantee you there would be martial law.
http://www32.brinkster.com/boegiboe
Shoba
Years of Service
User Offline
.3DS was a format for the old 3D Studio 4.0 under dos as far as I remember. And since the old 3d studio under dos did not have anything similar to space warps or modifiers i suppose they simply dont save this data.

Sarcasm - for what profite is it for man if he gains the world and looses his own soul

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 13:19:44
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 13:19:44