Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / wow! Im in shock!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2004 20:45
Hi.

Today i was on my way home (from school) i was on bicycle and i didnt drived too fast suddenly from a parking place a car drived out without looking! i drived into the car and slided on the front of the car and landed on the road!
There didn happen anything to me but my byce is destroyed

The Nerd

wanna join Waggames?
then visit our site at : http://www.freewebs.com/waggames
my old forum name was: The Nerd
PiratSS
Years of Service
User Offline
what hapenednednednednedned?
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2004 21:12
Exact same thing happend to a friend of mine a few weeks ago - wrecked his arm in 3 places, which is a shame because he's a DJ, so he can't work. This is a very safety concious guy who was wearing a helmet and reflective jacket thing so he was clearly visible.

I nearly got wiped out by a bus last year - damn double decker bus trying to overtake a bike on a single lane country road, they'll let any idiot with a licence drive for a living in Britain. The only time I ever got my revenge is when someone shot me in the butt with an air-gun - then got stuck at a red light just in front of me.
Resprays are expensive but the dude still got off lightly - I could have taken a chunk out of something else! (I gouged the back of his car with my forks). The thing is - most cyclists keep their padlock and chain on their bikes, so these drivers are actually pissing off armed people who are usually fitter than them, and with quick means of escape!. A car is only dangerous until the driver get's dragged out of it.

Van-B

It's c**p being the only coder in the village.
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2004 21:30
Quote: "Today i was on my way home (from school) i was on bicycle and i didnt drived too fast suddenly from a parking place a car drived out without looking! i drived into the car and slided on the front of the car and landed on the road!
There didn happen anything to me but my byce is destroyed"

D- .. see me after class for corrections

This has happend to me before, came to a T-Junction, some moron had parked up right on the corner so you couldn't see. I looked to see if anyone was comming from the bridge where I could see, the proceeded to pull out when some twat zoomed past at like 50mph ... i didn't even realise he was there until he clipped my front wheel. Bent it in two.. I fell to the ground. He did a quick stop, like 200ft up the road looked at his car, saw me get up and drove off.

That was *not* a cheap repair. Cause I had a Specialized Rock Hopper, the damn thing cost me £50 to replace the Rim, what's more is when you replace the Rims you have to also buy new brakes (as they're custom fitted Disc brakes), which set me back a further £75.
Kinda pisses me off the bloke didn't even bother to come back and make sure I was alright. He's just damn lucky I wasn't one of the Atriculates that come down that road. That would've been messy.

BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2004 21:42
As the saying goes...get back on your bike now, or you'll never get back on it, and feel lucky that you're here to tell the tale!

I've had a few near misses.

Someone once pulled out on me while I was doing around 40mph down a hill. Luckily there was nothing coming up the hill, otherwise I would have had to choose between him or whatever else was heading my way.

A council truck once came straight across a roundabout at me, he couldn't see because of the sun, but went anyway. I ended up in a heap on the roundabout as I jumped sideways. At least he stopped and made sure I was OK, I think he was more shook up than I was.

I've broken a finger falling off my bike, but didn't notice for 24 hours because my head hurt more.

And I was once stupid enough to hit a parked car, went over the handlebars and landed on the roof. to add insult to injury, it was opposite a bus stop full of people, and my bike tyre wedged under the bumper and stayed upright.

BatVink
http://biglaugh.co.uk AMD 3000+,512Mb Ram,GeForce 5200FX 128Mb, Asus A7N8X Mobo
Terms & Conditions apply
empty
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2004 21:46
Ouch!
I cycled a lot when I was younger (also local races and such). Had some nasty accidents as well.

Quote: "D- .. see me after class for corrections

Today i was on my way home (from school). I was on bike, and wasn't cycling too fast. Suddenly from a parked place a car pulled out with out looking! I rode directly in to the car, and slide across the bonnet, landing on the road!
Nothing happen to me, but my bike is destroyed."

*Cough*

Play Nice! Play Basic!
Version 1.02 available now!
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2004 23:21 Edited at: 3rd Dec 2004 23:22
So Raven, hamster (sorry, master) of the English language:

Today i* was on my way home (from school)**. I was on *** bike, and wasn't cycling too fast. Suddenly from a parked place **** a car pulled out with out looking*****! I rode directly in to the car, and slide****** across the bonnet, landing on the road!
Nothing happen******* to me, but my bike is destroyed.

* Capitalise
** Dubious usage of parentheses
*** Possesive pronoun required
**** The place was not parked, it was the car
***** Cars do not look, but drivers do
****** Present tense not appropriate
******* Present tense not appropriate

BatVink
Terms & Conditions apply
Peter H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2004 23:28
@BatVink- yeah, i was wincing when i read that

"We make the worst games in the universe."

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2004 23:29
Quote: "So Raven, hamster (sorry, master) of the English language:"

Reread his, my rewrite is so it actually was understandable

Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2004 23:36
Quote: "Reread his, my rewrite is so it actually was understandable"

I understood his. Yours boiled some brain cells. It's one thing to not bother with perfect English, it's another to correct someone with a crock of... crap.

Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2004 23:36
Stop taking the piss out of his English (you can take the piss out of raven's english though )

Raven: That said, I DO say 'that said' a lot. 'Nuf said.
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2004 00:52 Edited at: 4th Dec 2004 00:53
Benjamin, this has turned into a Raven-bashing thread, it's no longer about the original post.

Raven broke a cardinal rule of forums - if you're going to criticise someone for their spelling/grammar, don't get it wrong yourself.

Especially not 7 times.

BatVink
Terms & Conditions apply
Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2004 00:56
Quote: " Benjamin, this has turned into a Raven-bashing thread, it's no longer about the original post."

Um..yeah..whats your point?

BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2004 01:04
Quote: " Stop taking the piss out of his English (you can take the piss out of raven's english though )"

That's the point...I thought you were under the misapprehension that we were having a pop at The Nerd. Just wanted to confirm that this indeed is a pop at Raven, and no-one else.

BatVink
Terms & Conditions apply
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2004 01:36
Quote: "I understood his. Yours boiled some brain cells. It's one thing to not bother with perfect English, it's another to correct someone with a crock of... crap."

considering the first reply to this thread was PirateSS asking what happened, I would surmise that it wasn't as straight forward.

I simply chopped out the words he had and replaced them with ones which made sense. As the first post didn't... it would've been easier to read someone who'd Babelfished Japanese!

Jimmy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2004 01:41
The Nerd's was easier to understand because improper grammar is always expected.

But with you, everyone was expecting it to be fixed and it wasn't. Thus causing involuntary bleeding from various cavities of the body.

Remember, Jimmy still loves you.
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2004 01:42
Seemed fine to me - if you simply read a post instead of looking for grammatical errors, it's easier to get the jist - and stay on topic .

At least there's no leet in there .

Van-B

It's c**p being the only coder in the village.
Aoneweb
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2004 01:42
We the car drivers will crush you the bike riders, HaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrr.

Sorry, I got carried away.

Toshiba Sattelite, 2GHz,Nvidia GeForce4 420go, Windows XP Home. www.aoneweb.com
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2004 01:47
Quote: "But with you, everyone was expecting it to be fixed and it wasn't. Thus causing involuntary bleeding from various cavities of the body."

Well I guess I'm like you then with your game, and not going to fixx the bugs people note about.

Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2004 01:51
Quote: "That's the point...I thought you were under the misapprehension that we were having a pop at The Nerd."

Actually you must have been under the misapprehension that I was under the misapprehension that you were having a pop at the Nerd. I was talking to Raven.

Jimmy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2004 02:15
Quote: "Well I guess I'm like you then with your game, and not going to fixx the bugs people note about. "

Which game is this?

Remember, Jimmy still loves you.
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2004 03:30
Quote: "Actually you must have been under the misapprehension that I was under the misapprehension that you were having a pop at the Nerd. I was talking to Raven."

You did indeed not misapprehend. 'Twas I that misapprehended about the fact that your misapprehension was not in fact an misapprehension, but a true apprehension which I misapprehended.

There, I think that's sorted now.

BatVink
QuothTheRaven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2004 04:24
For having the username "The Nerd" you sure can't spell very well.

The Nerd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2004 04:34 Edited at: 4th Dec 2004 04:34
hey i think "The Nerd" is a good username. Over xbox live i also use the name "The Nerd 00"
But sorry for my bad english im from Denmark and havent learnt it all yet.

The Nerd

wanna join Waggames?
Ilya
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Today i* was on my way home (from school)**. I was on *** bike, and wasn't cycling too fast. Suddenly from a parked place **** a car pulled out with out looking*****! I rode directly in to the car, and slide****** across the bonnet, landing on the road!
Nothing happen******* to me, but my bike is destroyed."

Should be:

Today i* was on my way home (from school)**. I was on *** bike, and wasn't cycling too fast. Suddenly- from a parked place-- **** a car pulled out with out--- looking*****! I rode directly in to---- the car, and slide****** across the bonnet, landing on the road!
Nothing happen******* to me, but my bike is----- destroyed.

There are 5 more:

- Comma.
-- Another comma.
--- Without is one word and should be used.
---- Into is one word.
----- Was.

Quote: "I've seen the word programming and I'm not sure what it means. Anybody please explain?"

Quote: "We shouldn't sacrifice the truth to preserve "balance"."
French gui
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2004 04:47
So,let's stay on topic... Will you buy a new bike , or FPSC for christmas?

My English is not so good I'm just French
Final Epsilon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2004 04:55
Quote: "Today i* was on my way home (from school)**. I was on *** bike, and wasn't cycling too fast. Suddenly- from a parked place-- **** a car pulled out with out--- looking*****! I rode directly in to---- the car, and slide****** across the bonnet, landing on the road!
Nothing happen******* to me, but my bike is----- destroyed."

Hrm... Your introductory paragraph lacks a thesis. 20 points off.

jk.

Shouldn't we stop all these silly attacks on grammar? Most people don't compulsively proofread all their forum posts.

That being said, let's all hold hands and sing songs. ^_^
French gui
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2004 05:03
...or will you buy Half life 2?

TKF15H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2004 05:05
erm, ok.
Oh, and these aren't silly attacks on grammar. They're silly attacks on Raven... umm... I mean, we're trying to better the education of our foreign friends (me included).

What song do we sing? Manamana?

doo doo dee doo doo

The Nerd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2004 05:09
well i want FPSC
But i`ll wait until the fully boxed version is out

The Nerd

wanna join Waggames?
French gui
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2004 05:15
Quote: "well i want FPSC
But i`ll wait until the fully boxed version is out "

Me too!

Mods: can you rename this tread 'Community grammatical correction?'

Ilya
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Mods: can you rename this tread 'Community grammatical correction?'"

Should be:
Mods: Can you rename this thread to "Community grammatical correction"?

Quote: "I've seen the word programming and I'm not sure what it means. Anybody please explain?"

Quote: "We shouldn't sacrifice the truth to preserve "balance"."
French gui
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2004 15:54
Ooops, sorry master...

Great Knight
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2004 16:28 Edited at: 4th Dec 2004 16:29
Since every one is correcting grammer. Here is a paper I did long ago in school that you guys can correct for fun. It is full of errors.

Hope you like banks lol.

The Banks that I have research are Milford Bank, Fleet Bank and Citizens Bank. Each bank I got to say all got great saving accounts. The Bank Fleet has some good saving accounts. The Fleet banks saving accounts are. Regular Savings, Premier Money Market or CD. The accounts that Milford Bank had are Statement Saving, Money fund Sound, Passbook Savings, Holiday Club Account and CDs. Citizens bank had a lot of saving accounts. The savign accounts for Citizens Bank are Circle Savings, Statement Savings, Basic savings, Circle Money Market Account and of course CD.

Fleet Bank accounts are good but some have different styles. The style of Fleet Bank doesn’t seem bad because it seems all banks share the same. Fleets Regular Savings(.25% Interest Rate) accounts detail is that you need at least 50 dollars to open a account and there is also a montly cost for it too. It would be 3 dollars if mininum requier ments don’t happen. The waive also has a minimal fee of 500 dollars. The premier money market also has things. The things of it are that you will have to pay montly fees if your not connected to a relationship and the same goes for the waive. The penalyties for the last one(CD) is that it will cost 1000 Dollars to open up a account for it. One thing about Fleet Bank is that to get a higher interest rate you will need to have lots of money in the bank; This ca be bad but sometimes good, but bad when you start out.

Citizens Bank has good saving account but it also come with different things. The Circle savings account things are this. You will have to pay 5 dollars a month for it with 2500 to open an account and the rate will only be high if there is lots of money in the account. For Statement savings(.35% APY Rate) the things are not that bad. 10 dollars to open an account with 3 dollars a month, which I think, is not that bad at all. Then there is Basic Savings which has the same for Statement savigns to open a account which is 10 dollars you do not pay as much per month which is only 1 dollar. The circle money market account is not that bad. It only takes 2500 dollars to open a account with 5 dollars a month. For CD one of the things is that you will need circle checking account to open it and you will also need 1000 or 5000 dollars if chosed monthly interest payment. If you get a CD here you will also get insurance for the CD which can be good for it I think. For the Circle Savings greater rates will increase your balance of money.

The other bank Milford Bank is a very good bank. For the account statement savings it would take 25 dollars to open with at least 100 dollars balance or 2 dollars fee per statement. For the money fund sound it is 1000 dollars to open a account with a small balance of at least 1000 dollars daily or 10 dollars per statement. For the account passbook savings you will need at least 25 dollars to open it which is not bad at all but you will need a 100 dollars balance or 2 dollars per statement to have it. The best account on the list which I think is the Holiday Club account which would be 2 dollars to open and that’s all. The Bank also has two types of CDs. One of the CDs will cost 1000 dollars to open with 1000 dollars daily. One bad thing about this bank is that it costs a lot of money to open some accounts here, but you get great benifiets like a free Visa Credit Card from the statement saving if you open a accoun there. The rates for this bank can range from .75% to 3.10%.

TO DENY MY WISDOM FOR ANGER
TO BREAK THE SCREAM OF THE SILENT FOOL
TO BE A KNIGHTRIDER OF DOOM... OF DOOM!
Wiggett
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2004 19:57
lol van b what you were sayin before about the car drivers are pissing off armed people, well see the people that drive have their own weapon, it's called a club lock, and are the particular weapon of choice for drivers, especially round melbourne.

indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2004 22:00
i had gravel rash as a kid on elbows and knees from some wicked stacks on my pushy.

If no-one gives your an answer to a question you have asked, consider:- Is your question clear.- Did you ask nicely.- Are you showing any effort to solve the problem yourself
Teh Go0rfmeister
Years of Service
User Offline
pfft- i like it when ur walkin up the street and a rude comes and pretends to run u over to see ur reaction. u just stand there and dont flinch a muscle. at the last minute ther'll bail out and u just stick your leg out...

Nemo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2004 20:50
Hi there.

I ride a motorbike and I am fairly certain that car drivers are genuinely evil. Satan’s little helpers each and every one of them.

Is it just me or is the car/bike debate becoming somewhat polarised?

In the future we will not spank the monkey, the monkey will spank us.
TKF15H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2004 07:00
Quote: "- i like it when ur walkin up the street and a rude comes and pretends to run u over to see ur reaction. u just stand there and dont flinch a muscle."

Last time I tried that I got hit by a motorcycle. I think it was last week...

Steele
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2004 10:48
Quote: "Today i was on my way home (from school) i was on bicycle and i didnt drived too fast suddenly from a parking place a car drived out without looking! i drived into the car and slided on the front of the car and landed on the road!
There didn happen anything to me but my byce is destroyed"

This evening, while enroute to my domicile from an institution of learning, I manually powered a bi-wheeled vehicle which had no other resource of locomotion at a speed which was not in excess of reasonability when, from a miniature lane reserved for public automotive temporary stationing, a four wheeled vehicle powered with a high octane combustable engine began to vacate from said lane, apparently without the driver's use of his or her ocular sensory inputs. Unable to halt either the vehicle of the driver afore mentioned nor mine, my non-powered mode of transportation had a bodily altercation with the automotive behemoth whereupon my body obeyed the law of inertia and continued its momentum slowed only by the coefficient of friction with the asphalt terrain until the friction won via the laws of thermodynamics. Nothing happened to my dermal exterior, however, my primary mode of transportation is no longer in functioning order and doubtlessly irrepairable.

Ummmm, my translation? LOL!!! Sorry, I just had to write something to really confuse things!

Steele

-- I straddle the line between genius and insanity. Guess which side I am on now? --
JeBuS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2004 13:37
@Steele

Have you ever been to law school?

High quality models and graphics, low prices. Graphics for the rest of us.
Dodo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2004 23:13 Edited at: 11th Dec 2004 23:16
Quote: "Quote: "Mods: can you rename this tread 'Community grammatical correction?'"
Should be:
Mods: Can you rename this thread to "Community grammatical correction"?"

no, sentence ending punctuation (full stop, question mark, exclamation mark, etc) always comes before the inverted commas, like this:

Mods: Can you rename this thread to "Community grammatical correction?"

lol j/k

hope your bike isn't hurt too badly Nerd.
(please don't correct that sentence)

*manamana doo doo do do doo, manamana doo do do doo..*

Part of solving the problem is actually noticing that the problem is there in the first place

TKF15H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2004 23:22
Quote: "*manamana doo doo do do doo, manamana doo do do doo..*"

yay! I was starting to thing nobody would sing along!

manamana doo doo de doo doo...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 04:17:18
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 04:17:18