Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / a game without shotguns?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2004 01:01
I'm interested in make a game with SWORDS, like Onimusha from PS2. (SAMURAI style game) or Biohazard (a game with zombies, these guys can't use a shotgun). FPSC is able to do it?

And FPSC will have the option to put "movie intros" or "cinema displays" in the game between levels?
Rob K
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2004 02:54
The official answers are probably no and no at the moment.

Whether it will be possible to use a bit of creative thinking to implement swords I am not sure.

You may also be able to use scripts to add a story-line explained in-game (ala. Half Life).

BlueGUI:Windows UI Plugin - All the power of the windows interface in your DBPro games.
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2004 04:54
Quote: "Biohazard"

It's known as Resident Evil outside of Japan.
It should be more than possible to create the enemies that have AI Capable of using a multitude of weaponry.

Melee Weapons (like Swords, Fists, Etc..) will probably need to be setup using scripts, and alot of effort for creating the animations to accompany them.

This said Onimusha and Resident Evil Style games are not really what the FPSC is designed to create. It would be possible with heavy modification. From what I understand the Engine outputs to DarkBASIC Professional, so if you need to you could export the game in an FPS Style, then modify the code in order to deal with the new weapon types and style of gameplay.

Game movies will probably be reserved for entering the game itself, but unlikely for between levels. CutScene levels will be possible through scripting.

You can again change this if you export the code to DarkBASIC Professional, then put in the cut-scenes in key areas yourself.

Nothing really will be unobtainable. I doubt that either thing you desire will be possible purely using FPSC though.

Mr Underhill
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2004 05:05
Why not have a really, really short range gun in the shape of a sword with infinite ammo and a "fire" animation of the guy swinging it?

I'm not an expert on FPSC, but I think that would be possible. Wouldn't it?

Quote: "A kilobyte is 1024 bytes, not 1028.
I mean.... not.. that i.... new that already.... i figured... maybe... CRUD! IM A NERD! -Ion Stream"

I feel your pain, man. Wait...pain?!
Osiris
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2004 08:25
NO HAHAHA!
he just took that option out because you mentiond it

j/k

Hawkeye
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2004 09:27
Reduce your sig size! limit is 120 px along y axis

And yes, a short range wep with very high ROF would indeed be possible to make... You just need a little imagination concerning the weapon "story." Thus a Chainsaw (BOOYAH! ) or say a Raw Plasma Emitter would be entirely feasible. I did it myself with the plasma thingee for one of my games

A sword would indeed be possible. It would take ALOT of work, what with the animations and all, but all you would have to do is hide the bullet object it emits.

Quote: "Your wife is death. HOW?!! No idea. But it is murder! REVENGE!"
Osiris
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2004 09:52
on the thing it says its 120x100, 120 being the height

Eric T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2004 10:50
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=40589&b=2

600x120 is what its supposed to be (err the limits)

Yours is:

258x236

You know who I pray to? Joe Pesci. He looks like a guy who can get things done. Joe Pesci doesn't **** around. In fact, Joe Pesci came through on a couple of things that god was having trouble with.
Osiris
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2004 11:32
well hey if you take some away from the height it equals out

Rob K
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2004 18:03
Quote: "Why not have a really, really short range gun in the shape of a sword with infinite ammo and a "fire" animation of the guy swinging it?"

That is what I mean by creative thinking.

BlueGUI:Windows UI Plugin - All the power of the windows interface in your DBPro games.
OSX Using Happy Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2004 18:23
Quote: "well hey if you take some away from the height it equals out"

Yes, but you haven't...

Walk softly... and carry a big gun...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 01:34:42
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 01:34:42