Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Login problem

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2004 01:03
This morning when I turned my pc on it booted up like it always does, and got the login screen like always. After I typed my password in and press enter it said loading personal settings, then stayed there for a while. After about a minute that dissapeared and the wallpaper showed up (but no icons). It then stayed like this for a long time. I then pressed ctrl-alt-del and closed explorer then reran it. This made the icons appear, and the pc seems to run fine (except I am missing most of the tray icons - all that shows up is the volume control)

What could be the problem? Im getting concerned as the pc may stop working altogethter soon and I dont want to lose my files...
MikeyP
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2004 01:18
Well it sounds like Explorer crashed while loading, And if it did it probably didnt get a chance to start up all the tray programs.. If you restart, hopefully it wont happen again and your icons will be good as new
Programmer Holic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2004 01:42
It happens every time I reboot...
Jimmy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2004 01:44
format

reinstall

Remember, Jimmy still loves you.