Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / I need help creating 3d levels in dbpro

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2004 03:39
I would like to know how you make 3d levels without them being of the .bsp format. And maybe how I can add solidness to the ground so the character doesnt fall through and how to add the textures to the level. I would also like to know how to place a character or object(ex. Tree,house,bush,etc.) anywhere I want on the map. Pleaze help me out so I can start making 3d games.

I am a newb at DbasicPro creator.
Zedane
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2004 05:14
okay well to make it so that the charecter does not fall through the ground you could make simple gravity like the tutorial game(a.ka. if object collides with your map, then dont let the object keep falling else move object down by 1) and texuring usually comes with the bsp level(check the tutorial, and to place object on the map you would load the object, load object "objectname.x",objnumber and then position the object, position object x,y,z i hope that helps

http://img96.exs.cx/img96/2382/sasa.gif
around here.. normal's just a setting on a hair dryer
Ali M Oldboy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2004 00:36
Then why even bother callin' yourself Game pro

WTF?

N U K E S O F T :: Explosive Games :: http://www.geocities.com/nukesoft0
Game pro
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2004 03:39 Edited at: 10th Dec 2004 03:48
i dont want to use the .bsp maps. I want to use a .x file to make my level. but when I load the file into darkbasic it doesnt have any textures on it or lighting effects. I used the delgine level creator at delgine.com. so could you tell me how to texture it?

[/quote] N U K E S O F T said: why are you called game pro?
Its just a name.
[quote] N U K E S O F T said: wtf
wtf?

I am a newb at DbasicPro creator.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 06:31:23
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 06:31:23