Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / [LOCKED] There are two many forums!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2004 07:36 Edited at: 4th Dec 2004 07:36
EDIT: the title should be Too Many Forums

Gee wiz, now there's a DarkSDK forum? It takes forever to find the forum I want to go to, especially since General Talk is on the bottom. I was fine when they introduced the programming forum, but this is just too much!

SHUT IT OFF!

"Some who die deserve life, and some who live deserve death. Can you give it to them, Frodo?" - Gandalf the Grey
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2004 07:43
The number of forums is fine. They just need to be rearranged

*** Coming soon - Network Plug-in - Check my site for info ***
For free Plug-ins and source code http://www.matrix1.demon.co.uk
Dave J
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2004 07:57
Quote: "SHUT IT OFF!"

The forum will now be turned off in... 3... 2... 1...

"Computers are useless - They can only give you answers."
ionstream
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2004 08:12
Thank you.

"Some who die deserve life, and some who live deserve death. Can you give it to them, Frodo?" - Gandalf the Grey
Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2004 08:17
Theres like..a drop down box thingy(thats the correct term, right?), that you can use to select an area. Use it.

Raven: That said, I DO say 'that said' a lot. 'Nuf said.
Zero Blitzt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2004 08:28
Switch to 1024 x 768 mode.

"For people who don't want to go blind"

"And C++ has 2 version Microsoft visual C++ and Bordland C++."
ionstream
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2004 09:13
I Do use the drop down list, and I'm also at 1024x768. Bah, humbug!

hyrichter
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2004 09:40
1024 x 768 is too big. You should be running 1600 x 1200 like me. Looks perfect on a 21" monitor.

Newbie Brogo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2004 09:44 Edited at: 4th Dec 2004 09:50
I want one of them 30" monitors, you know, the ones that are several hundred dollars? Or is that the cats army maintenence expense... I get the 2 mixed up.

Anyways, too many forums in a forum? What is this world coming to... There can never be too many forums in a forum, because a forum is meant to have forums, and the more forums, the more different things to post about, and the more wasted time on a forum, and a waste of 6 forum hours (or 2 minutes real-time), so there should be forums, to extend the amount of forum hours, so we can all get forum money (equal to $0.00), and dance with ponies in the pony forum, which was a recently added then deleted forum that only me saw, because I was admiring the large amount of forums in a forum... This is a forum, it's meant to have forum.
Did anybody catch what I just said? Because I didnt...

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2004 09:59
Dear Mr. President,
there are too many states now. Get rid of, three of them!
I suggest one of the lower states full of the rednecks.

signed Abraham J Simpson

ionstream
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2004 10:02
Was that a Simpson's quote? I don't remember the episode.

Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2004 10:20
My fellow Apolloians,

I have signed a legislation outlawing the Team Requests forum forever. Bombing will commence in five minutes.

Eric T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2004 10:22
You know, deep down inside... I hope that the Team requests do get banished

You know who I pray to? Joe Pesci. He looks like a guy who can get things done. Joe Pesci doesn't **** around. In fact, Joe Pesci came through on a couple of things that god was having trouble with.
bitJericho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2004 13:25
i hope it isn't, i don't need to see team requests here, which is where all the newbs would post should the team requests disappear

Long live the team requests board... home of the newbs

[center]
Come write!
Yarr join LoGD, and defeat other coders!
Lost in Thought
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2004 15:45
Quote: "Dear Mr. President,
there are too many states now. Get rid of, three of them!
I suggest one of the lower states full of the rednecks.

signed Abraham J Simpson"

Why is everyone picking on us rednecks We pay taxes too you know. Well a few of us

I think they do need rearranging a bit and also when at the drop down box you should be able to hit the first letter of the forum name and it cycle down to it.

David T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2004 17:55
Just press space to quickly leap down the page. I gave up on scrollbars a long time ago

Get 15 new commands, all the date / time commands left out of DBPro for free!
DOWNLOAD PLUGINS HERE: http://www.davidtattersall.me.uk/ and select "DarkBasic"
Arkheii
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2004 18:33
There are many, yes. But I don't find it hard to scroll or search for the board I want. The boards are just very specific.

I only have a 17" monitor... Well, it ain't bad... 1152*864 looks pretty good here, and I've gotten used to it. Scrollbars are for the senior citizens, use your middle mouse button's scroll function.

Maybe we can have labeled icons lined up horizontally on the top? It'd be hard to come up with icons that really represent those boards though, like Bug Reports Team requests can be a red stop sign that says "No n00bs!"

I spelled "disappointment" wrong. Pahintulutan ang di-inaasahang nakakahiyang pagkakamaling dulot ng kamangmangan. Have at you.
indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2004 21:49
dear sir / madam / nooblet,

thanks for your interest in the amount of forum areas there are.
I am sure TGC appreciates your "valuable" input and will consider the amount carefully.

I think you will find that each forum area is adequete for the amount of information stored for a site that has many products and features.

Game programming takes up a very large amount of information and can be quite extensive in information and areas of information.

Perhaps I suggest you review the manual first if your getting stuck with a problem.

If that fails click on a search button and try a keyword search for your problem at hand. Creating a new forum post about a question thats been answered lots before shows you havent tried a search.

If all else fails try making some friends you can talk to via an instant message service.

Try the irc forum perhaps as well.

If you still cant resolve the problem after those attempts then ring someone up who will listen to your problem and tell them your plight.

If that fails take your pc back to the shop for a refund, you might like to buy a skateboard and get outside more perhaps.

If no-one gives your an answer to a question you have asked, consider:- Is your question clear.- Did you ask nicely.- Are you showing any effort to solve the problem yourself
ionstream
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2004 03:42
Dear Mr./Mrs. Sarcastic Moderator

Thank you for wasting 26 lines of my thread. Are you going to type? I had a point. "Two many" as in "Two too many" forums is a valid issue, as it endangers our computer with a large cache size.

Please note the "overtone" of this thread. Thank you, and, I'll see you in hell. From heaven.

Kentaree
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2004 03:57
Dear Mr./Mrs. Ionstream,

Try adding links to the forums you actually do visit in your browser's link bar, so you wont have to go back to the main forum page and see forums which are useful for people with other interests than your own, or alternatively, create your own forum like so many other members, and try if you can hit the magical "10 members" count like so much less members. Then you can try and contemplate why this forum is so popular.

Desktop: AMD Athlon XP2800+,GeForce FX5200 128MB, 1.25GB DDR RAM
Laptop: AMD Athlon 64M 3000+,Mobility Radeon 9700 128MB, 512MB DDR RAM
ionstream
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2004 03:59
Alright, I had my fun.

Can a kindly Mod lock this pointless thread please? Thanks.

In retrospect, this thread was pretty much a joke thread, so no offence to all.

Kentaree
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2004 04:04
None taken. It's good to bitch from time to time, gets it all out of your system ^_^

Desktop: AMD Athlon XP2800+,GeForce FX5200 128MB, 1.25GB DDR RAM
Laptop: AMD Athlon 64M 3000+,Mobility Radeon 9700 128MB, 512MB DDR RAM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 02:23:07
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 02:23:07