Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Please Help with Bitmap and CLS

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi
I would like to display a bitmap on the screen, and keep it there as a background, so any drawing or text commands would be displayed on top of the bitmap.
Can anyone please help me !!!!!!

Also how can I use a bitmap behind screen 0, so when text is printed in transparent u can see the bitmap through the text.

Thanx
Ali M Oldboy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2004 20:51
Menu or loading screen?

Ali @ Nukesoft

N U K E S O F T :: Explosive Games :: http://www.geocities.com/nukesoft0
Ant
Years of Service
User Offline
Well I`m trying to make an oldskool demo like the good old AMIGA days, but I`m really struggling. I think I have managed to figure out Loading bitmaps!
Is it best to paste them as images? or as sprites?
I`m pasting them as an images! I have the first part of the demo complete as best I can (I`m still learning you know!!!) and every single idea I have is, just so hard to visualize in code, especially when your still learning it!
I would like to be able, once my demo has loaded onto the main screen, be able to have scrolling text over my bitmaps! whats the best way to do that? True Type Fonts? or extremely complicated bitmap fonts ( Ive seen Darkforge`s code)
I know I`m trying to run before I can walk, but I am learning alot by trial and error! and I`m sure you guys can help me out!
Also I`d like to do scrolling text with waves behind ( Are they called Rasters?)! and is there an easy way to do them?
Hope you can help!

Thanx
MSon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2004 18:28 Edited at: 8th Dec 2004 18:28
Hi Ant

A Sprite would Proberley run Faster than Repetative Pasting of an image

Ie:
MSon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2004 18:36 Edited at: 8th Dec 2004 19:02
as for bitmap fonts, Ive made a function that writes text using ripped bitmap font from old atari and amiga Games

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=40880&b=1

But the fonts need to be altered to be compatable, (If you want), and due to an error in my code you can only load 1 bitmap font at a time...

I've seen code for the retro wavy text, It should be on the Forum
ReD_eYe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2004 06:16
For scrolling text you can just make the text an image(Dynamically if you wish) and then stick it on a sprite and have the sprite going any way you want it.

DBP Fanboy is a Unregistered trademark of ReD_eYe uninteractive, no rights reserved.
http://redeye.dbspot.com/fanboy.html

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 06:30:15
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 06:30:15