Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Industrial Tune: Sushi

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2004 02:13
My GF does BA Computer Animation and Visualisation, and is on the final year of her degree. For her final project, she is making an animation of some kinda slightly creapy factory story. Basically, a factory making little poeple, cooking them, putting them into little boxes so they end up at a sushi bar and get eaten alive. Nice.

I was asked to do the music. I haven't done too much slow step break work before, and have never been asked to make a tune that builds and builds for 3 whole minutes. I'm quite pleased with this one as a result, so let me know what you think! It's slow step elctronic-industrial heavy stuff. When she\'s finished the animation totally (in about 4 months), I'll get the whole thing online!

lemme know what you think (2.8MB)
http://www.invisiblechainsaw.com/music/Fallout-Sushi.mp3

hehe. Just had to change the filename. Was previous called Sushi Theme (as one word), but sushi and theme together can't get past the language filter!

David T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2004 02:28
Great music. It generates the perfect atmosphere. Well done

Get 15 new commands, all the date / time commands left out of DBPro for free!
DOWNLOAD PLUGINS HERE: http://www.davidtattersall.me.uk/ and select "DarkBasic"
Fallout
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2004 03:30
hey, thanks. Very complimentary feedback.

Jeku
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2004 05:38
Excellent I like the way the drums come in--- professional.

--[GameBasic - Coming Soon]-- ^^^ banner generously designed by TheBigBabou
GothOtaku
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2004 07:58
Wow, excellent work.
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2004 10:57
Quote: "When she\'s finished the animation totally (in about 4 months), I'll get the whole thing online!"

should prove interesting ^_^

Fallout
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2004 03:54
Cheers dudages. Yeah, she will have the movie finished by April time I think, so as long as I have permission, I'll get that online for all of our enjoyment. Then she'll be finished at uni, so as long as she doesn't get a job, I'll get her to do animations for my games!

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2004 04:02
Heh.. well if she knows AWN, then she could get a job pretty quickly freelancing

I like the tune, but a personal preference would be for a more string driven tune rather than drum driven. That said, if it wasn't D&B it wouldn't be your style really.

kenmo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2004 04:04 Edited at: 27th Jun 2012 06:17
Heyyy, thats freakin great. 99% of my industrial song attempts quickly become overdistorted with too many synths and effects to sound good at all...

Not to mention the tune itself is a quality melody well put together.
Xander
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2004 03:16
Quote: "sushi and theme together can't get past the language filter!"

Haha!

That is a really cool track, nice job!

Xander Moser - Bolt Software - Firewall
Ilya
Years of Service
User Offline
WARNING: CONTAINS DA WORD

Testing:

Quote: "I've seen the word programming and I'm not sure what it means. Anybody please explain?"

Quote: "We shouldn't sacrifice the truth to preserve "balance"."
Fallout
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2004 06:31
Thanks guys, but I've just been dumped! Well, not me. I'm still in the game, but the tune has been removed from the equation. She was really happy with it, but she showed it to her lecturer with an initial version of the film, and he said the music was too over-powering and drove the film, distracting from the visual content.

Now, I think normally this would be ok, but she's trying to create some visual imagary that you have to think about. Apparently my tune kinda drowns this out - makes the whole thing too industrial, where as it's supposed to make you think. Now she's got someone else to do it, cos she was afraid to tell me she wasn't gonna use my tune!

Oh well.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 04:17:03
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 04:17:03