Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Please help a novice

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I am completely new ro DB Pro. I want to write a tile based game but don't know where to start. How do i display graphics (tiles) on the screen and select them with the mouse.
1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2004 04:46
Their are many plugins that have been created that will help you with tile based games, check out TCA's site. If you are just beginning then I would suggest looking at the DBP tutorials, and when you first start out program don't start big, or you will get ahead of yourself and make mistakes.

To start off I would suggest on paper to write out what your program will be like, have maps of what the levels will look like, and look through the DBP manual and see how you may accomplish such tasks. Then you are started and then you can ask how to make a game like it, but if you just ask how to make a program like yadda yadda, then the TGC forums can't help you, because they have no idea what your idea is.

Click the sig

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 06:25:44
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 06:25:44