Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Options Framework

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2004 20:19
Alright, I thought I'd post this up as I've done this one..
It is effectively a copy of the Blitz3D Start.BB, but made for your DarkBASIC Professional programs.

This one should do for very very small jobs that you just want an easy way to allow people to select the boot screen. It isn't exactly complex, but was bugging me how to do a few things due to DBPs totally annoying command set.

It's pretty easy to use:

#Include "Start.dba"

Fill in the information in the Info variable: Fields are;
Name, Line2, Line3, Line4

Generally I'd keep Line2/3 for Controls and Line4 for Copyright.
Name is the name of the application.

Then just run DisplayFramework()

I'm currently working on (and before I got this working correctly), a more advanced version.

The Advanced Version will come with an Updater Application, Provide you with a Customisable Start Menu, AlphaMapped Window (for custom designs), Customisable Option Menu.

Similar but more complex really. ^_^
No particular reason for doing this other than when I was messing with Blitz3D earlier noticed it in the samples and though, meh why not.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
The dude guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2004 06:34
I'm not well concentrated today... What does it do again?

Here's my forums www.andrewtamalunas.proboards28.com . Please join!

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2004 01:28
Allows the user to set the display mode easily.
Allows a quick 'explaination' of the Controls.
Allows a quick 'copyright' notice.

Provides a HyperLink for your website, at the bottom.
And you can change the image to whatever you choose.

As I said, it is just a copy of start.bb in DBP right now.
The updated version I'm working on will provide you with more of a 'pre-game' framework, allowing you to create *small* updates for your game, add readme links, installer / uninstaller, set-up game options prior to entering the game, etc..

I'm thinking of also coding a media loader, and resize function.
So you can simply use it to load any media you choose, without worrying about object numbers; cleaning it out on exit, reloading after changing the graphics options, etc..

Just make peoples lives a little simplier.

FoxBlitzz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2004 01:57
Will you be able to replace the text strings with bitmaps? That would look a lot better, and it would be less primitive.

UNVIDIA GeFartFX 5600 Crud Edition
Featuring an unbeatable 0-1 FPS in 3DMark05!
If Return to Proxycon were a game, I would die before I saw my dead body!
Chris K
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2004 02:24 Edited at: 12th Dec 2004 02:35
Apparently I don't have any 3D display modes.

I could have sworn I played a 3D game before....

EDIT____

I changed this:

to this:

Also, most forum members use Firefox.
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2004 02:46
Quote: "Apparently I don't have any 3D display modes."

The code is fully open for you to see and test things for yourself.
If it doesn't find any modes then I would suggest trying:

Perform Checklist for Display Modes
Number of Modes = Checklist Quantity()

Don't change the code as is, else things will stop working due to DarkBASIC Professional limitations. The original code for it was nice and neat with everything being declared an such; Unfortunately it didn't actually work until I edited alot up.

A little annoying you can't pseudo-code.

If you still are having trouble with it, then I would suggest posting up a bug report in the bug forum conserning your graphics card.

The code uses nothing but internal DBP Commands and works perfectly on all the systems I have here:
(AMD64 FX-55/1GB/GF6800U/WXPSP2/DX9c/FW66.93)
(AMDXP 2600+/256MB/GF5200/W2K3/DX9c/FW67.02)
(P4 2.6/256MB/RX800XT/WXPSP2/DX9c/CAT4.4)

Quote: "Will you be able to replace the text strings with bitmaps? That would look a lot better, and it would be less primitive"

If you need it to have images, then it will still be OpenSource so you can edit what you need to with the DBA file. Images would need a complete overhaul of how things are setup and displayed though.

I will be changing this so that all the artwork used, including sounds & fonts will be compressed into a data file using a tool.
That way you can simply change the media (Font/Sound/Music/Images) and it'll change in the runtime.

I'm also coding it in such a way that you have the main file:
Framework.dba, but on top of that you will have Framework.Music.dba, Framework.Requirements.dba, etc.. that are #included as needed.

That way if you don't use Sound/Music/Requirements, then it won't load them and the commands to Sound, Music, Basic3D are not loaded unless in your main DLL. Saves having to manually exclude things you don't use.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 02:20:01
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 02:20:01