Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Discussion / Light Intensity

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok, just a simple, newbieish question.... how do I set the intensity or brightness of a light source? I have a spaceship. That spaceship fires an energy ball. The energy ball should be bright, very bright, but even with that particular light source set as high as it will go, and the ambient light on 25, I get this pathetic dim light (and yes I have the light range set quite far). Help!
hexGEAR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2003 03:58
hmm, there isn't any particular light intensity commands, just the set light range commands. The default light 0 is usually the strongest, i guess the only way you can make a light appear bright is by redusing the ambient light even more, maybe even to 5 or 10, also try colouring the ambient light dim grey like rgb(50,50,50). I think that should work 'cause it's the way i do my lighting in my stages.

your birth was a blessing, sent to live and die on earth as a lesson, we each have a star all you have to do is find it, once you do, everyone who sees it will be blinded - DMX

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 22:29:39
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 22:29:39