Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Windows .NET (2003)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2004 12:37
A few weeks ago when I got this machine updated, I downloaded (from Microsoft) Windows .NET Server 2003. Previously I've been using Windows XP SP2, and I've used .NET 2003 (Standard).

Now I've come across a few problems I'm not sure how to sort out.
Well mainly one, but it's a really annoying one!

Whenever I try and start certain programs, like MSN Messenger or Explorer (directly)... I get the message:
"This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem."

Both were freshly installed when it happened, and now I'm a little warey of trying to install anything else until these programs start without problems.

If anyone has any experience setting up the administrator stuff in order to use these programs please let me know.
I was working under the assumption it was because I was logged in as the Admin, but that very quickly disappeared when I added the Domain Service and added a new user to try under.

If I can't sort this within the day, then i'll just delete it and reinstall Windows XP again; but there are some nice features in this and it does run a hell of alot faster.. would be a shame to not be able to use it.

Gen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2004 23:47
Maybe it had problems setting up in the registry? I can't see to much that would cause that to happen.

Soon to come...
Dark IDE, New IDE for DarkBASIC Pro!
Two plug-ins, A Time/Date and New File commands.
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2004 00:18
nope not a registry problem.. god knows what i did, but i did something with .NET Framework 2.0 and it started working. o_O very odd but i'm not gonna argue heh

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 04:19:06
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 04:19:06