Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / YS6 - Ark of napishtim

Author
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2004 18:20
who know the Y's game series ???
They are excellent RPG games from Falcom ... but they are japanese are several titles aren't translated in english nor french....

I'd like to talk about that game if someone know it :
http://www.falcom.co.jp/ys6/index.html

I will probably buy it for christmas .... ... in japanese

The game is due to be released on PS2 by Konami in english language and maybe in European version for other languages [ Like french ]

Arkheii
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2004 20:06
Yay, someone here finally mentioned this game!

The game's already released in Japan (only). I'm just waiting for the Konami one because I really can't read Japanese .

I spelled "disappointment" wrong. Pahintulutan ang di-inaasahang nakakahiyang pagkakamaling dulot ng kamangmangan. Have at you.
Freddix
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2004 04:17
yes ... it's the same for me

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2004 05:19
Heh, how can you get excited about a game you can't possibly know anything about?

Seems like a very odd story to me... unless this is a sequal to something.

Freddix
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2004 05:59
I know the older games from Falcom ...

some of the old Ys were translated to englaish ( and more, to french ) so. I know that the old Ys are excellent and Like Square with their FF, Falcom with their Ys always make excellent RPG

I'm excited about that game because I've seen that it's a nice changes from old 2D games ... uses 3D and billboarding to keep the hero/monsters aspect from old games and using the 3D look improvements

so, with the kind of stories of all Ys... It can only be a "hit"

Arkheii
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2004 15:17
@Raven: Of course it's a sequel. That's why it's called Ys6, though Konami dropped the 6 in the name. There are gameplay vids out there.

The Ys games pretty much play the same way. Real-time combat, without the fancy "travel mode to battle mode" transition crap, thus faster paced battles. The video... it's so... smooth...

@Freddix: You haven't heard that the Konami releases will use models for characters instead of sprites? I've seen the models... not as cool as the sprites.

I spelled "disappointment" wrong. Pahintulutan ang di-inaasahang nakakahiyang pagkakamaling dulot ng kamangmangan. Have at you.
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2004 16:08
Heh there is a whole host of possible explainations for the name; the number doesn't always mean it's not new.

the video trailer did look interesting though.. i might get the dvd so i understand the story, cause the background story on the site made very little sense to me; seemed to be a diary entry, of disturbing some guy who was both good'n'evil. Seemed to get angry from being woken leaving a cryptic clue for 'Asuko' whatever that is.

Freddix
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2004 05:55
@arkheii : if you want to play with the japanese version of the game, you'll have to install "applocale" and use it to detect game language and create new shortcuts for it ....

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 04:16:09
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 04:16:09