Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Oki i hope this explains my question better...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2004 03:33
Hi folks.

this is my question.

In a FPS it seems that the top half and bottom half of the character are animated seperatly. You can move around and look in opposite directions. The torso can look all over the place while the legs can straif.

to see what i mean please watch this vid i made.
http://www.paniagua.nl/Halo2/Karribuno1.wmv
its only 5.5 mb

hope that explains what i mean. if anybody can explain the process of this i would be gratefull...thanx!

I wouldn't be so paranoid if people would just stop looking at me!
Lost in Thought
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2004 03:42
The easiest way would be to have whoever makes your models animate them like that then you can just run the animations in your code. Other than that I don't know what you are asking.

KARRIBU
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2004 04:01
Yer, i cant seem to find the words...

Well, the top half of the tosro and the bottom half seems to be animated seperatly, and the two are glued together..

for instance, u move the character with the keypad. this moves the legs
*run (same animation backwords but reversed.)
*Straif (another animation for sideways)

Then u get the top half. No matter what the legs are doing, this section is controled by the mouse and has a whole load of seperate animations that can animate seperatly from the legs...i realy dont think that the whole model is animated for every action the torso makes as it realy isnt practical and time consuming, when i realy think there is a way to animate them seperatly..thats what i mean.....i hope..lol

I wouldn't be so paranoid if people would just stop looking at me!
Wraith Glade
Years of Service
User Offline
Could you list the tools your using for your models?, or perhaps describe or show your models?

I've only done the DarkBASIC demo so far, but here are some options:
- treat the upper and lower parts as seperate objects when you design them (just keep them together) | so just create 2 3D models (one for each half), include animations, and run them together in a thread | sync positions to continue illusion of being 1 object
- do the separte animation combinations, like Lost in Thought said
- design a system for runing the animations in thread; only design the animations for the model for each half, then program them to run in unison or as needed
Wraith Glade
Years of Service
User Offline
But, I'd just do what he said. You can imagine the top torso being deslocated or rotating around wildy. Maybe there's a tool or something to run them as needed.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 06:25:02
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 06:25:02