Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Vision of Urth

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2004 08:40 Edited at: 23rd Jan 2005 07:04

Vision of Urth:

Vision of Urth is an Action-Rpg set in a anime universe. The game borrows story elements from various anime shows and combines them into and idea that its unique, exciting, and most importantly original. The storyline is still hammering out the storyline but it goes something like this: The controlling nations of Urth are at war with each other, Using powerful armored suits known as titans they do combat. Those who have choosen a life of neutrality have retreated to a secluded area in the mountains free of technology they hold responisble for the war, it is there that they have remained peacefully for many years. On the planet Urth humans co-exists along side Shin (monsters) who are accepted by the Humans and raised for various reasons. Recently word has broken of a small group of humans with the ability to merge with the shin gaining powers that exceed that of the titans, The new weapons of war, as whom ever controls the Shinzen* will gain the upper hand in the war. The main character Curtis, is unknowingly one of those humans, he like the others in his village are oblivious to what happening in the outside world. The night before the annual Martial Arts Tournament begins Curtis is visited by a mysterious man known only as "The Recruiter". He gives Curtis a stern warning join him or watch as ever thing he loves goes up in flames, "The Recruiter"Promises that they will meet in the tournament. Confident in his abilities Curtis dismisses the mans warning as a ploy the shake him up before the tournament... What happens next will thrust Curtis into a world much different then the one he knows, a world of technology, a world of lies, a world of war, the world that is Urth.

Characters:
Name: Curtis, Age: 17, Height: 5'9, Weight: 167 Lbs.
Born into a life of neutrality, where the only uses for a sword are hunting and competition, Curtis skills go unmatched even at his young age. He's had his pet Shin (Nova Dog which he name Shiva) for as long as he could remember and the two have always been inseperable.

Name: Shiva, Age: a little over 17, Height: --, Weight: 210 Lbs.
A Nova Dog isnot a typical pet Shin they are next to impossible to tame, and even when the are the are still known to be extremely violent. Shiva however is different, Fighting off his own pack in order to save Curtis. To repay him Curtis brings the young Shin home much to the dismay of his parents and the town but the soon grow to love Shiva as well.

Name: "The Recruiter", Age: ??, Height: ??, Weight: ?? Lbs.
Little is known about the the mysterious man who arrives in Curtis' Village just in time to sign up as "The Recruiter" for the annual Martial Arts Tournament. It has been many years since any outsider has entered the secluded village. Excitingly everyone comes to talk to the new comer in hopes of hearing that the wars have come to and end, Instead of answer they get a loss of breath...

What do you think so far?
-

Logging Out...
XxRaVeNxX

Just Blaze Online
::Future Game Designer:: Website optimized for Netscape only.
Cian Rice
Years of Service
User Offline
If you plan to post a W.i.P you need to have some media to show.

Have a heart and join my message board.
Ilya
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2004 10:19 Edited at: 12th Dec 2004 10:19
Or something other than a plot and 3 charecters, and some more experience(you have 2 months) would help as well.

Quote: "I've seen the word programming and I'm not sure what it means. Anybody please explain?"

Quote: "We shouldn't sacrifice the truth to preserve "balance"."
XxRaVeNxX
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2004 11:08 Edited at: 12th Dec 2004 11:10
@ Anime Blood: The W.I.P is the storyline everything else will come later but I'm working on the storyline right now, and I want some input of what people on the forum think about it so far.

@ Ilya: You make an ass out of yourself making assumtions like that, It wouldve been bett of you to ask a question on my Experience. Here you go first mistake you judge my experience by the years I have been registered to the forum which in reality has nothing to do with experience... But if thats really the way you want to measure experience then I have a good year on you since I registered back in Nov. 2002 around the beginning of these forums as Bishop Marxx and I even had another name before that so I gues that means I have more experience then you. You should measure experience by how long I've been programming I'm 16 years old now and I've had DBC for something like 4 or 5 years now...

Just Blaze Online
Lynx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2004 11:11
This board is for actual work. Not "theme in progress" or whatever you're talking about.

XxRaVeNxX
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2004 11:16 Edited at: 12th Dec 2004 11:21
Quote: "Work in Progress
If you've not quite finished your latest blockbuster, but still want people to comment on it then here is where you shout it out."

Tell me where it says media needs to be included?

Anyway this is really annoying and a storyline is actual work... I'll go post somewhere else where that can be appreciated.

Just Blaze Online
MikeS
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2004 11:27
Please stop flaming each other.

Generally, it's always good to have some shots of your game that are works in progress. Anyone can have a concept or idea, heck I get 4-5 ideas a day about games I'd like to make. Every weekend I usually try programming something new. If I were to post all my ideas and sphere on matrix demo projects, this board would be overcrowded.

As a rule of thumb, I'd say you need at least 50% of your project completed before posting here. If you just need critique on ideas, go to the Game Design Board, and you can get some help.

I won't lock this post, for you can always come back and post when you have some in-game screenshots.

Thanks.

A book? I hate book. Book is stupid.
(Formerly known as Yellow)
XxRaVeNxX
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2004 11:36
You've changed Yellow...you've changed... go ahead and lock it

Just Blaze Online
Cian Rice
Years of Service
User Offline
How has he changed? He's doing his job, keeping the peace. But he's right about the W.i.P, you need to give us much more than just a story, we need some screenies of some kind to show that this project isn't jsut a dream and that it is actually progressing, and Work in Progress doesn't mean a story sampler, we need to know what has been worked on gameplay wise, more information for that matter, how combat will be (more information than just "an action rpg") and alot more, your idea definatly sounds good Raven, just you need to show that you've actually made progress.

Have a heart and join my message board.
Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2004 10:48
Gotta learn to take advice, XXRaven. What Yellow said is very true indeed.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 02:29:34
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 02:29:34