Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Problem with "Create Animated Sprite"

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi all,

just made my first steps into dbpro yesterday and I encountered a Problem with the Create Animated Sprite command.

I used a Bitmap with a size of 160x32 pixel, containing 5 frames in one row (so all are 32x32).

I created the sprite with
Create Animated Sprite 1, "pm.bmp", 5, 1, 1
which should mean 5 frames across, 1 down.
right so far?

ok, when i played it in a loop with Play Sprite 1, 1, 5, 40 i should simply rotate through these 5 frames.
BUG. only the FIRST run through of the five frame runs correctly, the next time the code passes frame 1 it is just displayed as a small bar (a cut off of the middle of the frame) causing extreme nasty flickering in the animation.
Are there any known bugs with the create animated sprite? Or did I miss something?

the full code i used in the code section here and this bitmap i used.

while hoping for an answer i will crawl through some of the tutorials, maybe there's a solution for my problem there but if you have the clou at hand what causes my problem i would be very happy to hear it from you!

thanks in advance,
mike
Grisgram
Years of Service
User Offline
Sorry, forgot the code.

here's what i used:
Dodo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2004 05:01
err... cant see code or image, use code tags to post them and attatch the image as an attatchment

Part of solving the problem is actually noticing that the problem is there in the first place

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 07:24:53
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 07:24:53