Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / tutorial idea and request - dbc

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
i would like to make this game and dont really know how to do it. i also think it would make a brilliant idea for a tutorial in both 3d and 2d. if anyone would like to takeup such a challenge?
how to you code the game called parachute (the on you get on an IPOD) for those of you who dont know it, the idea is you control a turret which is imbeded in the ground, you rotate the turret and shoot at choppers flying over head. everynow and then a chopper drops a guy out who you have to shoot. if he hits the ground he stays there until you miss a significant number of other guys falling from choppers. when this happens=game over.
i REALLY hope you understand!
if not there was a game similar called ganja farmer, try searching it.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Zan2032
Years of Service
User Offline
oh..lol, i remember playing that game on a really old computer
Nic
Years of Service
User Offline
yeah its so addictive! no one gnna bother trying then?
Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2004 04:30
piece o' cake I'll write it tonight and get it posted tomorrow if I got a chance.

the ipod has games on it?

"eureka" - Archimedes
Chris K
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2004 05:12
Yeah it's got a few.

Breakout, Parachute and Space Invaders I think.

The 40 Gb ones have "Music Quiz" where it shuffles through your songs and gives you a list of titles and you have to select the right song in 5 seconds or whatever. It's funtastic.
Nic
Years of Service
User Offline
i got the 20 gig one and it has parachute,nreakout, music quiz and solitaire. i had a quick go at doing this one in 2d and the main problem i had was DBC's lack of the SPRITE ROTATE command!!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 07:37:53
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 07:37:53