Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello ppl
i don't know if u remember my previous posts
Im trying to make a simulator of a spinning ride, and slowly slowly its progressing, very simplisticaly, iv made the platform move away from the spinner, and the spinner to go up and down, and basicly to spin

but its very...blunt, when i press "1" it spins, then when i let go it stops, how can i make it so it slowly builds up speed to a spesific speed, and dosn't stop when i let go of the key, only when i press 0 or something will it go back to stoped mode, again, slowing down gradualy..

here is the code, and a picture

Attachments

Login to view attachments
demons breath
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2004 00:44 Edited at: 17th Dec 2004 02:10
u'd need variables for the maximum speed, current speed and minimum speed and then increase the speed as you press 1... just add in the code below... i think (haven't tried it but it should work)

and then in the main loop

I think that should work... hope it helps

Am I the only one here who's really confused?
Zan2032
Years of Service
User Offline
wow yeah it does, its not really what i wanted though, still, its what ill use
oh is it just me, but when i press any keyboard key (input$=" "), that all the rest of the commands get "stuck", like if im pressing "w" (move forward), i cant move my ride up ("e"), at the same time untill i let go of w, is there a way to get around that?
Ric
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2004 08:24
Use 'keystate' to allow multiple key presses. To find out the keystate codes, use 'scancode'. If your still stuck after consulting the help files, then I'll go into more detail.

Zan2032
Years of Service
User Offline
yep, thankx
now is really the final thing i will ask

i want the camera to be placed like im actualy riding the simulator (like RTC3), just something simple, spinning along with the ride, pointing to the middle, i was thinking about this, but also the ride is gonna tilt, i and i don't know how to follow with that

here's a pic from another angle

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Ric
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2004 21:03 Edited at: 18th Dec 2004 21:04
I can think of several ways of doing that - I think the simplest would be to attach a limb to your spinning object (just a simple cube would do), offset it from the middle to where you want to be 'sitting'. Then hide the limb, because it's only there as a dummy marker. That would be something like:

Then position the camera at the limb position and point it at the centre:

Zan2032
Years of Service
User Offline

thats the part of the code

is that right? (after the do, its the main loop)
Ric
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2004 11:13
Looks right to me - but only one way to find out .... give it a go!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 07:36:21
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 07:36:21