Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
This is just kinda my own little welcome post on to the forums....

well back about 2 years ago i insatled darkbasic....got really lost....made hangmen..moved on to something else....
but now i plan to stick with darkbasic for a while ^^

so what are some places to get started? i know visual basic proficiontly so i dont need any thing on basic programing just need to catch up on some syntax (btw visual basic is a HORRID languge...never use it >< (just my opionion though))

oh and btw i was MrTowelie in case you where wondering...

ok so ne tips post em here ^^
BaZko
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2004 09:44 Edited at: 16th Dec 2004 09:44
Welcome to the forums!!!!
Check out the pong tutorial(thats the best way to begin)
You are welcome to join our n00b team:
http://www.teamdarkknights.com
or post in the thread http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=44272&b=7

Team Dark Knights:
http://www.teamdarkknights.com
TravisP
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2004 09:46
Hello
Heres your cup o` coffee and a pet penguin .
Now your ready to survive the fourms.

Note: The above I didn't say, your just crazy.
CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2004 09:48
a) never name your threads Hello, unless its in the general forum

b)
Quote: "btw visual basic is a HORRID languge...never use it >< (just my opionion though"

your opinion carries no weight here YET, and I highly doubt you have dealt with so many languages that you know what youre talking about, so for now, lets keep it dark basic related - shall we?

c) enjoy the wonderful forums

EcEnSaNe
Years of Service
User Offline
sry about the post hello...i thought about name but couldent think of nething better

i know c++, php, visual basic, html, visual c++, and action script...also some other minor scripting languges
prefferably visual basic and actionscript i hate the most >< so give me some credit on programing

but thnx im sure ill have a lot of questions >< so far this languge looks pretty nice though...i ilke linear alot better then routine programing (those are just words i made up ><....the thing is i just dont think routine programing gives me the control i like ><

and also ill be happy to join the n00b team....i need something to get me started...if youll need any help with graphics i know alot of photoshop and hoping to learn some bryce soon ^^
ill go post there now to see about the stuff...i saw the topic earlier...

ok and ima try this binary moon thing out...that games kinda addicting ^^
Ric
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2004 10:27
Welcome. Why do you want to start learning Darkbasic, if you already know all of those other languages?

EcEnSaNe
Years of Service
User Offline
i want to do some game programing basicly ^^...i dont know c++ well enough to do it in that...and all the other ones are no good for any type of 3d or very little 2d programing....diferent languges are good for diferent things...like i couldent imagine makiing an app in darkbasic but...meh w/e

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 07:23:37
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 07:23:37