Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / My First Pong Game: Ball going crazy?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2004 04:59
Hi, as you've probably guessed by the title I've used the EXCELLENT pong tut (thanks a lot Chris K., it really helped me start to understand the language) but I have one problem. Sometimes when one of the paddles hits the ball the ball sticks to the paddle and vibrates a bunch of times trying to go around the paddle, and the only way to stop it is to let the ball go around the paddle and make the opposite player earn a goal. I don't have a clue why this is happening, I'll post my code. Any help is greatly appretiated, thanks again Chris for that tut. Oh and I'm using DBP.

Causin' RUCCUS whereva' I go.
demons breath
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2004 05:46
I know the reason (it's hitting the paddle from above so it reflects left then right then left then right etc...) but I don't know how to fix it.

Am I the only one here who's really confused?
Stevil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2004 06:07
Quote: "Error obtaining Source Code, invalid ID. Sorry but I've given up."

Someone obviously couldn't fix a bug here try posting again an I'll have a look.
RUCCUS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2004 06:55
Erm, retrying to paste code

RUCCUS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2004 08:15
What the hell why won't the code thing work?

demons breath
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2004 16:54
It never works... it always says "sorry but i've given up" now and has done for the last week or so as far as i know... just use the code tags inside your message instead of attaching the source

Am I the only one here who's really confused?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 07:34:37
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 07:34:37