Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Need help with keystrokes...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
alrihgt ive attached my code...can you please give me a few comments on it..since this is my first code and i didnt really use any tutorials i just looked up the command list thing..so i probobly didnt do some things the best way....

also how do i make the "clear entry buffer" work like i want it to? i need it so that it takes all the keystrokes that where pressed during the loop since i have that wait statement there it sometimes skips my keystroke

thnx ^^
EcEnSaNe
Years of Service
User Offline
alrihgt ive attached my code...can you please give me a few comments on it..since this is my first code and i didnt really use any tutorials i just looked up the command list thing..so i probobly didnt do some things the best way....

also how do i make the \"clear entry buffer\" work like i want it to? i need it so that it takes all the keystrokes that where pressed during the loop since i have that wait statement there it sometimes skips my keystroke

thnx ^^

[EDIT]
arlight...i figured out that using the clear entry buffer is not what i want...since it only works on the Entry command...but since the arrow keys dont have an entry command.....i guess all i can do is to put the function that gets the input before the wait command?
Dodo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2004 05:33
try using keystate(Scancode). On a keyboard, every key is given a number. This number is called a scancode. The 'keystate(Scancode)' command returns a 1 if the specified key is pressed. This will get any key on your keyboard. Likewise, the 'scancode()' command returns the scancode of any key being pressed. I have attacthed a scancode map, although it sometimes varies.

hope this helps

Part of solving the problem is actually noticing that the problem is there in the first place

Attachments

Login to view attachments
EcEnSaNe
Years of Service
User Offline
...i did use a keystate its right here

before you respond please look at the code atleast ><...it dosent seem to be working right now so myb thats what happend but w/e o_0

alrihgt well i worked on it some and ehre is what i came up with....dosent seem like the best way though

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 07:34:15
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 07:34:15