Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Tyrannt RPG Game Engine/Designer - Added Ranged weapon support (Dec/04)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2004 05:08
Hi there,
It's been a while since I added anything new to the game engine. (Mainly working on lots of other things). I've now managed to implement the ranged weapon system. In the item generator you can now generate items that have a range and a charge (I.e. ammo) Also items that will "Charge" other items, for example a quiver of arrows will charge a Bow. For those who haven't seen this game engine before, it's based around the classic RPG's of old. The combat it turn based and is currently on a grid. (This will eventually be in 3d when I have had chance to work on that bit).
It also uses a party system so you can roll 6 characters to play with. (The help for the character generator is on the manual page on the main website)

I'll put a few screen shots below to show different sections of the engine so far. There is currently a small adventure included mainly for testing the engine if you wanted to try it out. All bug reports and comments welcome.

Download the 12.5mb file from http://www.tyranntrpg.org/TyranntInstall.exe

The website for the game engine is: http://www.tyranntrpg.org/

This is a picture of the new item generator with the ranged weapon additions.

Here is the main game screen where you explore the maze.

And here is the combat screen.

Jas

----
"What is this talk of 'release'? Klingons do not'release' software. It escapes leaving a bloody trail of developers and quality assurance people in its wake!"
Mason
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2004 07:52
Downloading... Looks good though

¤§Mason§¤

B-L (Black Lab Studios) *Woof*
Mason
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2004 08:01
Well, I am very confused by this program, but while I was making a monster, I managed to cause a runtime error (object didn't Exist) You should try to generate this error on your computer to see if you can fix it.

¤§Mason§¤

Mason
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2004 08:06
Well I tested the default maze out. I usually don't like these kind of games but this is amazing. I cant believe you did this with Dark Basic either. Good Job, Keep us updated on it.

¤§Mason§¤

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2004 19:44
^_^ Good to see a new version.

jasuk70
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2004 21:31
@BL Mason,
Could you tell me what you were doing when the monster editor crashed? Also what did you find confusing? I'll try to explain.

Thanks for trying it out.

Jas

----
"What is this talk of 'release'? Klingons do not'release' software. It escapes leaving a bloody trail of developers and quality assurance people in its wake!"
Vues3d on Kalimee
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2005 16:09
I'm downloading it... will try it tonight!!!!

Guido
http://www.vues3d.com
TEH_CODERER
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2005 20:03
I remember seeing this a while a go and wanting to try.
At last I have BroadBand and my desire shall be satisfied.
Downloading now.

Realms Of Tutopia I : Rise Of Evil - A hack+slash RPG
http://www.freewebs.com/elbsoftware/index.htm
TEH_CODERER
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2005 20:33
That is great!
How much code?

Realms Of Tutopia I : Rise Of Evil - A hack+slash RPG
http://www.freewebs.com/elbsoftware/index.htm
Vues3d on Kalimee
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2005 23:03
I had a faster look to the game & I really loved it.
It's quite interesting!!!!!!

Get some errors, but you already know...

Guido
http://www.vues3d.com
jasuk70
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2005 05:23
Andrew: There is currently around 9000 lines of code.

Vues3d: Let me know what you did to produce the errors and I'll try to fix.

Thanks for trying it out.

Working on the Magic system and the experience system next.

Cheers,

Jas

----
TEH_CODERER
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2005 02:24
The only small complaint is that the battles are too long and get boring without graphics. But you've probably already said something about that.

jasuk70
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2005 03:34
With the graphical side to the battles, I'm hoping to find someone who is willing to help with that. Battles will get more interesting when spells are added (And most likely quicker, my current design for them are here http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=45208&b=19) And with experience and levelling (My plan is here http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=45210&b=19)

Any suggestions about gameplay would be appreciated. (Graphically though as you can probably tell I'm not as skilled as I need to be )

Jas

----
Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2005 07:46
hmm, nice, looks like my friends gokz has got competition to his rpg maker

Can anyone tell me the theory of knowledge?
Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2005 03:14
well come to think of it he hasn't, his is a differant style of rpg creationm urs if more like m&m rpg makers, his will be like the rpg maker 2000, but in 3d, well thats the impression i got of his concept

Can anyone tell me the theory of knowledge?
Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2005 03:38
Looks like the old Might & Magic games. I can't try it out here, but well done, and a bit of feedback-- Make the viewing area larger. People these days are used to fullscreen games with minimaps in the corner and critical information around the edges of the screen; it feels more like you're inside of a giant robot in a maze than in a maze in the screenshot up there. Apart from that it looks great

It is a perilous occupation for TGC to post anything by way of a promise, as the words get etched in indestructable marble for all time.
-Lee Bamber
jasuk70
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2005 22:55
Thanks for the comments.

@Mouse, Currently I think I need to do a bit more optomising before making the screen larger (You can try modifying it via the data files) My original plan for this was it to have the nostalgic feel like the RPG's of eld, that I played on my 8 bit computers . Currently spending most my time with FPSC Creator at the moment but will go back and have a look again soon. (Want to add experience and magic too).

Jas

----

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 04:42:23
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 04:42:23