Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Help animating my sprite

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I read the tutorial on the site about loading and pasting sprites, but it didnt mention how to animate them

I can post a whole picture of a sprite with each animation frame on it, but not the individual frames. If you can help me please feel free.

Larry Charles, Jr.
Pyro_guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2004 22:55 Edited at: 22nd Dec 2004 22:56
Here is some code to demonstrate the method. I've also included the graphic I used
(I presume you have the latest patch of DBP and Directx? I think animating sprites were broken somewhat in older versions... )

I think you already know this, but keep in mind that your animating sprite image should be stored as a single image, with each frame occupying an equal area of the image. This allows DB to 'slice' the image into seperate frames correctly

Hope this helps

PS: Feel free to use the image

Screw the rules...what can i blow up?

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Flip5577
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok your code worked but can you explain to me how it worked?

I tried to follow your example with my own ship but it just ended up not working.
========================================
As I was writing this message I was trying to figure it all out and I finally did.

Your code worked perfectly I just didnt know the reasons for each number behind the command. So when I changed the picture it got all messed up. Im good now.

Thank you!

Larry Charles, Jr.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 07:26:12
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 07:26:12