Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / getting the fire sound timed right

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2004 03:18
Hi All

Got the game almost fin but now have probs with the sound bit
if I put the sound code in the wrong part of my code I get the full sound wav played but not when I press the fire button, but where i have put it now,fire sounds wrong.

any ideas where I am going wrong!

PS all sounds, texture and sprite come from within the help files

In Space No One can Hear You Scream! (When your comm Line is cut?)
Dodo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2004 04:14
its in the for-next loop. what you have done is very good, but you have forgotten to replace the '1' in the sound playing() brackets with 't'. I think it should work if you change this. Also, instead of changing t to 11, another way of doing it would be to use the exit command. this command is very useful and can be used to break out of any loop.

Hope this helps.

Part of solving the problem is actually noticing that the problem is there in the first place

HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2004 00:06
Nop that didn't fix it, still tring to find an aswer to the prob, have tried single digt number, stills no joy, like I siad above put the code in the wrong place an it zaps away quite happly, but not when it under control of the fire button.

In Space No One can Hear You Scream! (When your comm Line is cut?)
demons breath
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2004 21:57
why not just do something like

the main problem might be that you are seeing if sound one is playing and if it isn't then you are playing one of the sounds numbered 1 to 10, not neccessarily just sound one

Am I the only one here who's really confused?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 07:37:47
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 07:37:47