Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Another question....Probably my final one...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2004 03:56 Edited at: 27th Dec 2004 03:58
How will i place objects for my game?

do i have to do something like this:

Or could/should I make a level editor that can place objects like this... Dunno how i would do this....

>_0
Sol462
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2004 07:59
placing objects in code is easier, but if you use a level editor, you have more control and less code to worry about in the long run.

coffee + monkeys + creativity = games
BearCDPOLD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2004 07:08
Here's what you need to consider:

1. How many levels are there in this game?

2. How many objects are there in a typical level and how many properties do they have that you will need to set?

If you are going to have many levels and many objects with many properties it might be worth your while to make an editor. In fact you can make several to simplify things.

When you're dealing with object types, make a standard string array for each type for saving and loading information in the editor. When the game is running you can yank the info out of the array via a FOR loop and plug it into a custom type for easier identification.

Crazy Donut Productions, Current Project: Project Starbuks
Sony stole our name!
demons breath
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2004 23:43
In your original code snippet, why were you using IF statements? You could have just done the NEXT T bit before positioning obects. Did you have other stuff in the statement later on or something?

Am I the only one here who's really confused?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 08:32:08
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 08:32:08