Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Moon Raider project design

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2004 07:24
Well This is info aboutmy project Moon Raider,the one I have on my website.Well I need help,and info how to make this into a 2D Video Game like the gameboy advance games.This game is adventure/Action/Fighting

JW

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Sol462
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2004 08:25 Edited at: 28th Dec 2004 03:09
by 'like gba' do you mean, a 2d game like mario, or metroid, etc., or for the gba, because the latter is impossible with db; you'd have to use c++ and soem additional libraries for that.
but for some real help, display the sprites that are further into the background first, and the ones in focus last. this keeps them from being not seen. to hide behind trees or things,load the sprites of the rocks and trees after the player and set collision with them and the bullets.

coffee + monkeys + creativity = games
Cian Rice
Years of Service
User Offline
He said like a GBA game. That doesn't mean he's going to make it for GBA, thought he might be.

Have a heart and join my message board.And now my messageboards work again!Woot!
Sol462
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2004 01:07
yea, but them youngsters these days use like profusely

coffee + monkeys + creativity = games
soapyfish
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2004 02:14 Edited at: 28th Dec 2004 02:16
Hi,
No offence but it doesn't really seem like you've got a lot to show us about your game, if you want help making your game you should post in one of the other forums and make sure your post is more detaild, you say you need help but you don't say what sort of help it is you need. There are certain people on this forum who wold descend on this post like a pack of vultures and would do anything but help so in my opinion it's best if you read the stickys (the posts that have this next to the title) and do a little more work on your game before you post again.

Formely code2kill
To tell you the truth, I'm just glad I DON'T enjoy playng The Sims.
the play2kill fan club

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 02:32:06
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 02:32:06