Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / What size/format textures will FPSC support

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
512x512 .bmp or (hopefully) larger?

Multiple formats - .tif?, .png?, .jpg? other???

There is bump mapping (obviously), but how about "decaling" - applying a texture like graffiti, signs, scorch marks, blood splotches, etc. over the top of existing textures?

Thanks very much for your time.
Rob K
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2004 09:50
It uses the DBPro engine so the same texture formats will be supported (DDS, TGA, PNG, JPG, BMP)

From what I remember at the convention, 128x128, 256x256 and 512x512 texture sizes are allowed. Texture sizes larger than 512x512 are not a good idea - as they will result in severe performance degradation.

The engine uses decals for scorch marks and blood splatters in game, but I don't know whether you can apply these yourself in the editor.

BlueGUI:Windows UI Plugin - All the power of the windows interface in your DBPro games.
David T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2004 18:36
Quote: "The engine uses decals for scorch marks and blood splatters in game, but I don't know whether you can apply these yourself in the editor."

You can add blood splatters to the ground.

Get 15 new commands, all the date / time commands left out of DBPro for free!
DOWNLOAD PLUGINS HERE: http://www.davidtattersall.me.uk/ and select "DarkBasic"
Cloud of Crows Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "You can add blood splatters to the ground."

Should we read that as -
"You can add blood splatters to the ground. - therefore you can add blood splats to crates, countertops, ceilings, whatever you like"

OR

"You can add blood splatters to the ground. The program only allows blodd spalts and only on the ground."

Thanks for the info David T!
David T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2004 00:57 Edited at: 30th Dec 2004 00:57
Probably on top of crates, don't know about vertically (ie on walls).

Get 15 new commands, all the date / time commands left out of DBPro for free!
DOWNLOAD PLUGINS HERE: http://www.davidtattersall.me.uk/ and select "DarkBasic"
Anime civil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2005 06:59
How about you try making your own custom crate texture in photroshop with blood splatter on it and then add the texture to the crate .

Animecivil
Cloud of Crows Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "How about you try making your own custom crate texture in photroshop with blood splatter on it and then add the texture to the crate."

*sigh* I'm an artist with some skill at Photoshop (but sorry not protoshop, photroshop nor frodoshop)

Yes I can make layers and apply blood splatters or bio hazard symbols or anything else I want.

What I really wanted to find out if I can create small seperate images that I can apply individually as needed to create atmosphere and immersion... otherwise I am doing a LOT of extra texture work that really isn't necessary.
Zone Chicken
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2005 09:23 Edited at: 4th Jan 2005 09:26
I thought in the video they showed bullet hole's in the walls, if that's the case could you just change the bullet hole texture to a blood slatter by renaming the file to make a paintball game lol.
At least it shouldn't be to long before we find out what it really can do.
Cloud of Crows Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I thought in the video they showed bullet hole's in the walls, if that's the case could you just change the bullet hole texture to a blood slatter by renaming the file to make a paintball game lol."

Yeah it looks like FPSC has a complete range of weapon effects on various surfaces and types (bullet holes, scorch marks, blood splats, etc.)

I'm looking to do more advanced stuff with the application of decals. Blood splats were just a simple example.

Quote: "At least it shouldn't be to long before we find out what it really can do. "

I know! I can't wait!
Anime civil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2005 06:04
Quote: "thought in the video they showed bullet hole's in the walls, if that's the case could you just change the bullet hole texture to a blood slatter by renaming the file to make a paintball game lol.
At least it shouldn't be to long before we find out what it really can do."

But then everything you shoot at will splatter blood. How about changing the object properties that if the bullet hole goes on collision with let's say an organic being, it will change to obj_bloodsplatter. Much more convenient

Animecivil

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 13:16:25
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 13:16:25