Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / DBC has a system error

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
just got db for x-mas it is verision 1.12 when i go to run a game LIKE THE EXMAPLES it says " system error :surfaces could not be created.D3D devices do not support backbuffer bit-depth and HW acceleration. What is wrong ? Do i need the upgrade patches?
I tryed the demo in my dads computer and the one that i am running db is not hooked to the internet.One the things that db installed said i need directx 9 to run it but the website said you only need directx 8 .I dont have a real player either on the computer.I need away to get directx 9 but dont want to pay for it I tryed copying to the cd but it said it need the internet to run it.Any way that i can get directx 9 on a computer without the internet?

Brad A Pearson
TKF15H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2004 09:48
DX9 probably comes with whatever games you've bought lately. You don't need DX9 to use DBC though. I think it ran on at least DX7 (not sure, haven't used this in so long!)
If installing DX doesn't solve the problem, it could be your video drivers. What video card are you using?

BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2004 18:16
Yes, DX7 is all that is required. The messages you are getting are suggestive of a graphics card that isn't up to the job. I had those in the past with a 16 Meg SiS Laptop graphics card.

BatVink

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 08:31:33
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 08:31:33