Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / I'm not indecisive... am I indecisive?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Alright... in the final stages of deciding whether to purchase dgSDK...

so, please, can somebody give me a quantitative comparison of the amount of work involved in just coding games with straight C++ and DirectX, versus using the dgSDK, and the level of control that the two offer.

pweeeez!

ooo isn't that precious
Erick G
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2004 14:16
You will have stuff up in no time with DarkSDK. You dont have to worry about window creation, message pumps, device contexts, vertex formats, vertex buffers index buffers etc...

You can however IIRC get down to those functions with the DarkSDK if you really want to.

Trust me, get the DarkSDK, you will seriously get demos up and running, and games, in a fraction of the time, rather than if you were battling it out with C++ and DX.

With the DarkSDK, the model loading is done for you, the image loading, alpha blending, value interpolation, camera code, lighting etc etc...

get the idea ?
Cellbloc Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2004 01:10
I agree. We got an entire game running in about 1 week with the DGSDK. DirectX would have taken us about a month in a half or so. I completely agree with Erick. You cannot go wrong (unless you don't know C++, then your screwed)

-This...is my boomstick!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 19:10:52
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 19:10:52