Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / I really need help..........

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I got Darkbasicpro for xmas and i have been tryin (and failing) lot's of things. I have made a building out of cubes and clyinders, and i would like to know, is there anyway i can put my objects to the right and have other objects on the left and center, so that they all fit on a screen together.....im talking about basic cubes and stuff......please help me.....
Dodo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2004 03:50
errr... position object perhaps?

or do you want to split the screen for multiplayer?

Part of solving the problem is actually noticing that the problem is there in the first place

animehero
Years of Service
User Offline
yeah postion, i just want to postion things, but how do i do that?
BearCDPOLD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2004 15:28
The way objects are rendered on the screen depends on two things:

1. The global location of the objects. This is basic XYZ 3d space. You can use the POSITION OBJECT command to position objects at specifc points in 3d space.

2. The camera position and angle affect how objects in the game world are drawn to the screen. If you position an object at 0,0,0 and the camera at 3,0,-3 then the object would appear to be on the right. The camera moved back (Z axis) 3 units so it could see the object without bumping into it, and then left (X axis) 3 units and just like shaking hands with someone appears opposite even though you are both using your right hand the object appears to have moved toward the right.

Click the source box for an example.

Please don't take offense if you knew this already. And if that's the case then the short and sweet answer is go look up POSITION OBJECT.

Crazy Donut Productions, Current Project: Project Starbuks
Sony stole our name!
animehero
Years of Service
User Offline
i get what to do it's just where to place it, what would be the easyest way to postion it, this is my code so far (in the sinpit)
so whats the easyest way to position them cube's, cylinders and the box to the right?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 08:21:02
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 08:21:02