Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Hi-MD Burning Software

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2004 07:33
I got a Hi-MD player for christmas, for those of you who don't know what this is it's basically a walkman that uses 'Mini-Disks' that are slightly smaller than your plam. Hi-MD disks have 1GB capacity and you can use the whole system as a portable harddrive.

Anyway, it's made by Sony and it did come bundled with a lot of great, useful software to write CD's and MP3's to a disk. What I would like to do is create my own software to do this, not because I am unhappy with Sony's stuff, I just think it will be a fun project.

However, I am not sure how to go about this. I plan on using PureBasic, and of course it does not have any in built systems for dealing with Hi-MD players, so should I google for a .dll or do you think that if I ask Sony nicely enough they will either provide one for me or point me in the right direction?

On a side note, if anyway has a Hi-MD, or has written some Hi-MD burning software what do you think of it?

~It's a common mistake to make, the rules of the English langauge do not apply to insanity~
bitJericho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2004 01:27
surely it would never hurt to ask sony, that's where I'd go first..

But before you waste your email, make sure you know what you're asking for, and if they don't reply, try searching around

Yarr join LoGD and defeat your fellow coders!
1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2004 02:55
I got a Net-MD (Mini-Disc) player for christmas and I am happy with the software that came with it.

Click the sig
Killswitch
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2005 07:48
As am I, it's a shame, though, that I can't play the Hi-MD disks on my MD Deck upstairs, or transfer tracks recorded with the Deck to my computer. But overall it's great, I have nearly 24 hours of music on one Hi-MD with all the tracks on shuffle - verry nice.

~It's a common mistake to make, the rules of the English langauge do not apply to insanity~
1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2005 03:02
my Net-MD disks can only store 300 minutes, when maximum compression is used. Otherwise only 150 minutes.

Click the sig
blanky
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2005 05:14
I can use my Hi-MD player as an external USB hard drive.

1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2005 05:13
Well mine can't do that, so I'll have to settle with my 120GB external hard drive and my 256MB Attache flash drive.

Click the sig

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 06:21:53
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 06:21:53