Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / What do you think

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2004 07:56
A while ago a band called Metallica(my favorite band) sued Napster for letting people download their music for free. If your a fan of Metallica or not I'd like to know what you think of this action and of the band itself. I'd like to know your opinon on both topics(what you think Metallica and them sueing Napster)
thank you just starting conversation,
§Ben§

¤§Ben§¤

B-L (Black Lab Studio) *Woof* ~ Other Member(s): BL Mason
Newbie Brogo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2004 08:00
Metallica had every right to sue Napster.
Napster shouldn't of gotten a hold of their babies and put them on the internet. (By babies I do mean their music of coarse )

--From your favorite Cat Overlord
Jeku
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2004 11:54
Quote: "Napster shouldn't of gotten a hold of their babies and put them on the internet."

Um, they didn't. Napster's system catalogued the user's music files on their central server. It didn't actually store the songs on their servers.

--[GameBasic - Coming Soon]-- ^^^ banner generously designed by TheBigBabou
BearCDPOLD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2004 11:55
But they were the middle man. And Metallica can still suck some green out of them without a negative moral impact.

Crazy Donut Productions, Current Project: Project Starbuks
Sony stole our name!
The Real 87
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2004 13:28
I think this whole mess is just that a mess. The musik industry desurves the right to charge for theit product just like any other industry. However they should have some lee way.

Explanation: People that own a CD of Matallica's should be allowed to download a copy of the musik for their computers. I think what needs to happen is that when you buy a CD there sould be a code on it (like a CD key) then you should go to napster and download a copy of the same CD for your computer using the code on the CD. This way people can have the same musik on their Hd and in their car, napster can be happy, and the musik industry can pick up again.

Once an inovation is put to napster or the other companies that aid in pirating musik then the musik industry can stop having to worry about loss of income because of pirating, however simply sueing napster is going to lead no where. Most teenagers rebel just for the sake of rebeling, I think that once the general masses hear about a certain record label sueing napster they are going to start pirating that lable more so then before.

Just my two cents for what it's worth

(one....two.... $0.02)

http://87.savefile.com
87 Productions is the shizz.
BenDstraw
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2004 13:43
Best thing I heard all day real 87

¤§Ben§¤

B-L (Black Lab Studio) *Woof* ~ Other Member(s): BL Mason
Pricey
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "People that own a CD of Matallica's should be allowed to download a copy of the musik for their computers"

Thats what ripping is for

:: 1.8 gHZ AMD Duron :: 256 MB Ram :: 32 MB SiS Graphics ::

:: Current Project: Sea Bound ::
Dazzag
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2005 03:29
Er, yeah. Why would I want to download the album (several 10's of MB) when I could just rip the whole thing from the CD I have sitting a couple of meters away in about a minute or two?

Cheers

I am 99% probably lying in bed right now... so don't blame me for crappy typing
Ali M Oldboy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2005 03:35
Metallica rule!

They did have that right to sue napster,
now you have to pay for music downloads on napster

"Live fast, die young!" - Laslo (GTA Vice City)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 06:24:24
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 06:24:24