Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Matrix Height Question

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2004 11:50
Hi, I got DBPro for Christmas, and I'm very pleased with it, but I have something I don't quite understand, and I don't know why this thing is occuring. I have an object, and a matrix. I'm using a simple "get ground height(1,x#,z#)" to determine the object's Y value. Now, I've got a little hill in my matrix that I would like my character to move up if he walks on it. I have my 1000x1000 matrix positioned at -500,0,-500. I've found that if the matrix is at these coordinates, then my object completely ignores the hill, and walks straight through it. I struggled with this for some time, and then I finally moved the matrix to 0,0,0. At this position, the object walks up the hill just fine. It's not that big of a problem, but I'd just like to know why this happens.

Thanks.

Lost in Thought
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2004 17:42
The x and y coordinates used in the get ground height are local to the matrix instead of 3D space (they start counting at the bottom left corner). If you position the matrix there you need to add 500 to both the x and z values like this.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 08:25:31
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 08:25:31