Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / HELP PLEASE on a 007 game

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2005 18:44
Hi,
If any one is up for a massive challenge then i\'ve got one.

first of all i am trying to make a game like \"nightfire\" one of those james bond games. first i am trying to build a skyscrapper level \"nightshift\". you go around with a sleeper dart gun and shoot people.

I have modeled all the places and got them as .x and 3ds.(in the level) and i am using the weapons from dark matter.

i also am trying to make the game work with a playstation controller. I have got this converter thing to USB.
I know it works with dakbasic.

So far you can walk aroung the 3d place with the controller bu t you can go threw wall and things.

Any way i need some one who wants to code alot to help me.
I need to be able to change weapon, punch people, shoot people, get gaurds to walk around, get gaurds to raise the alarm, not be able to go threw walls or the floor and finally near the end i need to get some army guys to walk around.

EXTREAMLY BIG JOB

if any one would help then please reply ont the formu or email me [alexillsley007@hotmail.com]

thanks very very much if
any one replys

alex
Dom
Years of Service
User Offline
EXTREAMLY BIG JOB 'cos you cant be bothered to do it me thinks!

DRAGONFIRE STUDIOS
Lead Programmer
(The Studio being my front room)
Major Payn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2005 07:11
Try asking for help in the Team requests board, and post a screen to show that you are dedicated to the project, because I know that I wouldn't want to join a team unless I knew the people on the team were dedicated to their job.

Guns arn't the problem, people are the problem, shoot all the people and guns arn't a problem anymore.
Chris K
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2005 00:59
As a rule of thumb, no-one is going to code something for someone else.

A good programmer is more valuable than a modeler so the modeler generally has to work for the programmer.

Go to the team requests and say "Modeler for hire, for free" and you'll get snapped up.
AlexI
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2005 03:19
you see ther is 2 pc have got one with out the internet and the on i'm on the formu with ill try and get rewritable cd and puts some screen shots of the place on an attachment or something. and also i imported my 3ds model into dark basic and all the glass textures were black. any one now how to fix the problem.

if any one wants to see the screen shots they will be here soon

if any one wants to start programming then your welcome to help
AlexI
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2005 03:24
if any one has got charecter shop then can you tell me where to get more movments from (motion capture).

Shall i put the script so far on an attachment or not
AlexI
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2005 00:55
i have decicded to make the game myself but with hopefully a little bit of help from you guys
AlexI
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2005 00:55 Edited at: 16th Jan 2005 03:19

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 08:28:32
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 08:28:32