Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2005 12:11
im makin my first game and i want it to be a FPS and i wanna know how i can get a gun in my rite hand, and how i can put guns in random places and pick them up. can any1 help me, it would be much appreciated.TY
The admiral
Years of Service
User Offline
Well it depends what type of fps its going to be. If your having any sort of multiplayer capabilities (which i dont suggest for your first fps) then you will need to have a charachter model and u can attach the gun to the right limb. Other wise it can be locked to the screen, You could position your guns at random locations with the position object obj#,rnd(#),rnd(#),rnd(#) but then they might go off your map so it will require a bit of code to check if it is within the maps area. The best method is to design a spawn system which will allow you to set spawn points on each of your maps and then the weapons will appear in the right places.

[href]www.vapourhost.com/~flyer[/href]
factual puddle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2005 13:06
so, i dont want multiplayer, i would just position the guns in random places on the map? and do you like have the code for a respawn thing?, because im a total n00b.TY
factual puddle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2005 02:31
oh....and how do i lock the guns to the screen?
Sol462
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2005 05:07
i doubt that youll get free code on weapon spawning, but there are really generous ppl here. as for locking guns on the screen, position the gun where you want it, rotate it to get it to face away from you, then use the lock object command. heres some code from my game that you can use (note you may need to change the positions and scaling sizes for your guns as this isnt a standard way of doing it, and the gun is clipped for some reason and im trying to fix it):

coffee + monkeys + creativity = games
Lost in Thought
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2005 05:47
If the part of the gun near the camera is clipped you will want to make sure the gun is angle more away from your camera or set your camera's near range to like .1 with set camera range .1, 5000 or whatever.

factual puddle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2005 07:41
thx bunches
Sol462
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2005 10:34
i trie that, but i get an error saying that the minimum rnage must me at least 1. i guess thats because im using DBCe.

coffee + monkeys + creativity = games

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 08:28:08
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 08:28:08