Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Editor Screenshot

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2005 06:10
No, I am not here to post a screenshot, but I am requesting one. I am really curious from the game creators to see an "editor" screenshot. I heard there is not as much flexibility to FPS creator, and that made me wonder.

Does this mean there is NO TEXTBOX WHERE I CAN EDIT THE CODE AND PRESS SAVE? Abd also, will there be:

Step Event Customizations
On Creation Event customization
On Collision Customization

Or is it like click boxes that i fill int he blanks and it will do that? Someone, please take a screenshot of JUST the code editor of something .

Animecivil
nemo85
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2005 06:17
If you wanna see what the editor looks like then just watch the videos in issue 22 of the newsletter.

David T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2005 06:44
Quote: "Does this mean there is NO TEXTBOX WHERE I CAN EDIT THE CODE AND PRESS SAVE? Abd also, will there be:"

Hahahahaha. Sorry, needed that laugh

Entity editing is like the Visual Studio proerty pane. A number of values, like how many to spawn, intervals etc (or spawning ai), what effect file to use, custom textures etc. can be changed.

Get 15 new commands, all the date / time commands left out of DBPro for free!
DOWNLOAD PLUGINS HERE: http://www.davidtattersall.me.uk/ and select "DarkBasic"
Anime civil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2005 08:49
WHAT?! ........................

THIS MEANS NO PROGRAMMING AT ALL EXCEPT CHANGING THE VALUES IN THE 2CM TEXT BOXES?

.....So... It's just like the 3d game maker?

I think I will get the Dark Basic C++ version instead

Animecivil
SoulMan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2005 09:07
Ahh but what he didn't tell you is that you can affect the entity with scripts. Scripting is about the most programming you can do, but I think will be easier to do. Just wait and try FPSCreator when it comes out.
SoulMan

This is as backwards as is This
David T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2005 15:02
Sorry, I thought you meant you wanted to alter the dbpro code for very low down things.

Yes there are fpi scripts - however I've yet ot get my head round them fully. The code is quite idiosyncratic

To be honest, yes it is quite a close relative to the 3d gamemaker, but there is alot of customisation avaialble via the properties interface which keeps games looking unique.

Get 15 new commands, all the date / time commands left out of DBPro for free!
DOWNLOAD PLUGINS HERE: http://www.davidtattersall.me.uk/ and select "DarkBasic"
Rob K
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2005 22:01
Quote: " THIS MEANS NO PROGRAMMING AT ALL EXCEPT CHANGING THE VALUES IN THE 2CM TEXT BOXES?"

Yes, FPSC is ultimately intended to be a click-and-play type product.

BlueGUI:Windows UI Plugin - All the power of the windows interface in your DBPro games.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 08:37:34
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 08:37:34