Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Saving a model

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2005 09:27
So i've made a model in DBC for use in my game, but now the question is how to save it. I don't know how. I've tried opening a file to write, making the model, and then closing the file, but when I look at it in my folder, it says the file is 0 kilobytes large, and when I look at it in notepad, it's blank. Yes, it is an X file. I can't open it in Darkbasic. I run this program on a laptop, and I've read that there is a glitch in the program if you run it on one. Is this true? If not, then how do I save my model?

"His Chops are too righteous! The helmets can't handle this intensity of Rock and Roll!"-Planktin
Hangman Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2005 21:55 Edited at: 6th Jan 2005 22:33
Anyone? Come on, I really need help on this.

"His Chops are too righteous! The helmets can't handle this intensity of Rock and Roll!"-Planktin
Dodo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2005 02:46
You could search for a dll that does this in DBC, but as far as I know it is not possible. However, In DBP, there is talk of a save object command in the forthcomnig upgrade, v5.8

Part of solving the problem is actually noticing that the problem is there in the first place

Hangman Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2005 22:58
Well, that sounds like a big rip-off tome. Why would they give you commands to make a model and then no way of doing anything with it?

Lost in Thought
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2005 23:11
I don't have DBC but if there is a make memblock from object command you can save it. And it is not a ripoff because you can make it in DBC. You can just remake it it with code everytime loads.

Hangman Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2005 23:13
Thanks, I'll see if that works right now.

"His Chops are too righteous! The helmets can't handle this intensity of Rock and Roll!"-Plankton
Lost in Thought
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2005 23:19
Let us know how it goes. I am going to buy DBC I guess next month. I have DBP but I'm no help to anyone that uses DBC now.

BN2 Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
you can turn the object into a mesh and then use the make memblock from mesh command
Hangman Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2005 02:02
Nope, DBC doesn't have a memblock command. Could I save my data inside an array or something?

"His Chops are too righteous! The helmets can't handle this intensity of Rock and Roll!"-Plankton
TEH_CODERER
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2005 03:27
Get the enhancement and it does.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 08:23:29
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 08:23:29