Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Tales of Symphonia (GC)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2005 09:47
Alrightly... got this game the other day, and the PS2-S came today meaning my brother is now pre-occupied with that to bother playing this much.

Problem is, I'm 9hrs in and *totaly* stuck. Technically I'm only 7hrs into the gameplay, before I got to the Palmacosta Human Ranch.

I still have a few yellow Chronicle Enteries:

The Quest - which due to the description i'm guessing is the current Regeneration quest.

The Spirita Statue - which is odd as I've already recovered it. no doubt I have to give it to that old man, but seeing as i've actually found the Water Temple without going over the pass might save it for now.

Door, the Leader - this is the one i'm stuck on, given i'm at the Ranch and got in.. did that fine, but now i'm lost. I've released all of the prisoners, got that far and changed my ring into a Radar thing. Now I used those ball things you activate in order to get the purple key card on the far side, slide the blocks into place. When I turn all of them off to get rid of all three bridges a new curved walkway appears in the center. Now I can use the teleported back in the central walkway to access a bunch of rooms that are interlinked. When I get to this center bit and to the top all I find is some guard, defeat them and pickup the Pecaena Bottle... but then I find that's it. There is no where seemly left to go, and what is worse I can't go out unlike the Water temple, as it says I have to defeat Magnius first. I can't find the bloody bugger, so how the hell do I defeat him?!

Seal of Water - In this area I am also stuck, given I understand I'm suppose to fill the jugs with water in order to off balance and open up new walk ways, but the lids are on them, and can't seem to find a way to get them off.

If anyones played this and done these bits (given as I'm to understand you can choose to do these sub-quests or not.. story unfolds depending on your choices), a little help please

Wiggett
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2005 11:00
is the game any good at all? i heard from pa that it isnt good , think . so i havent given it a burl yet.

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2005 11:53
well i think, it's a 9.0 it's be a 9.5 if i weren't stuck in this sodding tower for the last few hours.
seems to have gone and slices up every other RPG out there for the storyline, gameplay and names.. but it's pretty sweet. especially when playing with all four ppl

Hangman Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2005 22:06
*Takes out trusty Nintendo Power with strategy for Tales of Symphonia*

The place where you find the Panacea Bottle isn't where you fight Magnius. To get to him, you have to take a different route. I don't know if you want me to tell you where to go exactly or not, so I'll put it in a snippet.

You'll meet Chocolat, and after a long talk, you'll fight Magnius.

In the water temple, I think you have to light the torches before you change the sorcerer's ring function. I forget if that gets the lid off somehow or not, though.

"His Chops are too righteous! The helmets can't handle this intensity of Rock and Roll!"-Planktin
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2005 10:26
THANK YOU!! I've been stuck trying to figure out the route for 5 damn hours!!

I was just about to sit down and draw a damn map of the routes, cause it was really begining to do my head in.

BearCDPOLD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2005 13:02
Just for the heck of it...

Has anybody noticed that the voice acting on Baten Kaitos sucks very very badly, I was so relieved when I heard my little bro firing up Tales of Symphonia and heard better voice acting. I turned off voice audio for Baten Kaitos but left it on for Tales.

Crazy Donut Productions, Current Project: Project Starbuks
Sony stole our name!
Great Knight
Years of Service
User Offline
lol, have to love namco.

TO DENY MY WISDOM FOR ANGER
TO BREAK THE SCREAM OF THE SILENT FOOL
TO BE A KNIGHTRIDER OF DOOM... OF DOOM!
MiR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2005 18:15 Edited at: 7th Jan 2005 18:16
The voice actings ok-well quite good really but there is something about it that realy bugs me. Why do the Spanish names have nothing to do with what they are saying? I mean I´m reading one name and the characters are saying another that has nothing to do with the text. Oops, mst carry on with philosophy or I won´t be have time to play it today.
Man, this game´s addictive.

¿Como estas you el dia de today?
Cian Rice
Years of Service
User Offline
In Soul Calibur 2 I listen to the Japanese cuz I can't stand teh English, especially Talim,
"Are you okay?"
"I was just lucky."
"Don't worry Talim, you can do this!"

Can she never admit to the fact that she just wooped someone's ass?

Have a heart and join my message board.And now my messageboards work again!Woot!
Qwisats Haderach
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2005 00:07
star ocean till the end of time is awesome its only for ps2 though (which i have)

bitJericho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2005 01:42
haha, perhaps there were translation problems

My mom was living in Chile for a while, and she had said she went to an american comedy with spanish subtitles, and there was this part that was really funny, and she started laughing her ass off... and everyone else was just staring at her.. she said the joke was untranslatable in spanish, so it was a really lame diologue in the subtitle^_^

Yarr join LoGD and defeat your fellow coders!
Wiggett
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2005 18:35
Quote: " In Soul Calibur 2 I listen to the Japanese cuz I can't stand teh English, especially Talim,
"Are you okay?"
"I was just lucky."

Can she never admit to the fact that she just wooped someone's ass"

hehe yeah teh japanese version of sc2 sounds a hell of a lot cooler. especially with talim when she wins, cause none of us spoke japanese, we all just assumed she said "haha yes i won, but i am so lonely "

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2005 21:32
Quote: "In Soul Calibur 2 I listen to the Japanese cuz I can't stand teh English, especially Talim,
"Are you okay?"
"I was just lucky."

Can she never admit to the fact that she just wooped someone's ass?"

She says the same bloody thing in the Japanese versions..

well anyways I'm about 30hrs in now, just got to Disc2 Not sure how much gameplay is left, the gamebox says 80hrs .. but i think thats if you do all of the side-quests.

the game is pretty weird, but also possibly the most awesome RPG that i just can't put down!
i mean it SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO totally steals almost everything from all of the great Square-Enix RPGs... right down to the names, I'm surprised they didn't get sued the day it hit release heh

but unlike most games that are generic copies they've taken what makes each of these RPGs awesome and put it all into a single game.
i'm constantly thinking 'whoa Deja'vu!' cause you have things from each of the final fantasy (entire Series), chrono trigger, secret of mana, grandia, etc..

so everything feels so familiar but it's brand new. heh it is totally awesome especially when using the multiplayer adventure.
seriously not played an RPG i've not wanted to put down since Final Fantasy VII

Cian Rice
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah but I don't have to hear it in her stupid american voice

Have a heart and join my message board.And now my messageboards work again!Woot!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 06:19:26
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 06:19:26