Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / this weeks stargate episode nearly made me cry

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2005 20:46 Edited at: 7th Jan 2005 21:34
SPOILER ALERT! DONT READ IF YOU DONT WANT TO KNOW THE EPISODE DETAILS

Kohaku
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2005 01:01
Woah, spoiler alert!

You are not alone.
Newbie Brogo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2005 03:21 Edited at: 7th Jan 2005 03:21
Funny, it doesn't smell spoiled to me...

--From your favorite Cat Overlord
Pricey
Years of Service
User Offline
What show is this? :S

:: 1.8 gHZ AMD Duron :: 256 MB Ram :: 32 MB SiS Graphics ::

:: Current Project: Sea Bound ::
Newbie Brogo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2005 04:01
Quote: "this weeks stargate episode"

--From your favorite Cat Overlord
JeBuS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2005 04:03 Edited at: 7th Jan 2005 04:04
Wow, Australia is an entire season behind the rest of the world, eh? Really, the title should say "Last Year's Stargate Episode"

High quality models and graphics, low prices. Graphics for the rest of us.
dark coder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2005 04:12
stargate rocks, look at this i made whoop whoop

Osiris
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2005 06:22
how do you guys get spoilers anyways

spooky
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2005 08:44
How do you get spoilers? Ever heard of Google?

A really good site is http://www.gateworld.net/

The episode Uberwiggett robx is going on about is Heroes 2 towards end of Season 7.

Sky One is currently well into Season 8. Rest of Season 8 and upcoming Season 9 sound really good.

Boo!
heartbone
Years of Service
User Offline
Uberwiggett robx, I won't say much to spoil anything except that Teal'c is no longer bald. He still sports that nifty brand on his forehead and carries a fine spear.

Peace, the anti-Bush.
Wiggett
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2005 09:10 Edited at: 7th Jan 2005 09:17
OMFG HERE THERE BE SPOILERS!

Mouse: Rob, start adding spoiler tags!

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2005 09:10
Quote: "Sky One is currently well into Season 8. Rest of Season 8 and upcoming Season 9 sound really good."

Heh.. we're on Season 9 of Stargate, and Season 3 of Stargate Atlantis.

SkyOne were pretty quick to be boasting before Christmas that each of the episodes are now 'World Exclusive Premiers', the lass said it again before this weeks.
It's like we got Season 4 before the US as well, heh

So we could ruin storylines for them, but I think we're only like a matter of a few days ahead; because ours show on Tuesday and thiers are on Thursdays (iirc).
But who the hell cares when Sky Plus! finally got around to installing HDTV Service in this area.
Mwhahaha Surround Sound High Definition Stargate & Atlantis, not to mention Battlestar Galactica on Monday, and the new series 4 of Andromeda on Sci-Fi (who are crowing over out bidding Sky this time lol)

Can't wait for 24 Day 4 to start later this month, that'll be cool.

Jeku
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2005 10:04
The Stargate movie was awesome. Since they film the show here in Vancouver, my uncle (who does extra work) is in lots of the episodes playing a big alien dude. Pretty funny :p

--[GameBasic - Coming Soon]-- ^^^ banner generously designed by TheBigBabou
Mx5 kris
Years of Service
User Offline
whats his name in the credits? I watch them usually.

3d meets 2d
Dave J
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2005 12:32 Edited at: 7th Jan 2005 14:41
Quote: "Wow, Australia is an entire season behind the rest of the world, eh? Really, the title should say "Last Year's Stargate Episode""

It's because we only get the shows after the rest of the world tries them out, that way, we only get the good shows and not the crap ones... unfortunately, this means we're always a season or two behind.

A few weeks ago, one of our crappy daytime soapies (possibly 'The Bold and the Beautiful') tried to catch up to the current US episodes and it ended up skipping 4 years worth of episodes so they could be showing the same episodes here, as in America. How sad.

"Computers are useless, they can only give you answers."
indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2005 12:55
im scared that exeat has digress information about an aussie day time soap

If no-one gives your an answer to a question you have asked, consider:- Is your question clear.- Did you ask nicely.- Are you showing any effort to solve the problem yourself
Mx5 kris
Years of Service
User Offline
I am to.

3d meets 2d
JeBuS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2005 13:53
Quote: "Heh.. we're on Season 9 of Stargate, and Season 3 of Stargate Atlantis."

I'd just like to point out that S9 of SG-1 hasn't begun shooting yet, so I don't see how it could possibly have aired there. Also, S2 of SGA hasn't even begun shooting yet, so I don't see how S3 could possibly have aired there.

Dave J
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2005 14:41
Quote: "im scared that exeat has digress information about an aussie day time soap"

I was hoping no one would pick up on it. Nah, I do have a legit reason, they told us about it on The Panel one episode.

"Computers are useless, they can only give you answers."
Dazzag
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2005 16:28
Quote: "I'd just like to point out that S9 of SG-1 hasn't begun shooting yet, so I don't see how it could possibly have aired there. Also, S2 of SGA hasn't even begun shooting yet, so I don't see how S3 could possibly have aired there."
Yeah, when he says "here", I think he means in some other time dimension or somesuch.

Cheers

I am 99% probably lying in bed right now... so don't blame me for crappy typing
Wiggett
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2005 17:16
Quote: "Mouse: Rob, start adding spoiler tags!"

uh, where was the spoiler in this post?

Quote: "haha yeah i've seen tealc with hair, i've also seen prometheus unbound so thats how i knew that oniel wasnt dead. but honestly cr the only person i'd spoil it for is someone who doesnt watch stargate, it is to you guys an old episode, and to us aussies who like the show current events. tard "

oh no oniel survives! didnt see that one coming! thats just like saying that in this episode they are gonna do something to help their fight against the gould. DUH.

Yu Une
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2005 18:25
@ Uberwiggett robx Dr. Fraser gets killed by a jaf'a staff blast, O'neil gets the wind knocked out of him but survives cause of a new body armor, I remember that paticuler episode.
MushroomHead
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2005 19:13
Why does Teal'c look so grumpy ... someone need to cheer him up.
Yu Une
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2005 19:36
@ MushroomHead lol, not sure, he's Jafa I supose, tho in one episode he breifly dated a earth woman untill th N.I.D set him up don't know if you seen that episode?
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2005 20:17
http://www.gateworld.net/atlantis/s1/index.shtml

Might be interesting to do a cross reference there and with SkyOne for details
I said Season3, ment Season2, but still... fact remains that the schedual they have down on that site and the episodes are not the ones SkyOne has shown or in that given order.

The Defiant One aired last Tuesday, next Episode (11th) is Hot Zone.

http://www.Sky.com

Problem with telling which series ends and which starts on SkyOne is they tend to keep a long gap and then show 2 Series at once, so you end up with a blur where you think your watching one series but your actually watching 2.. you generally know the ending of a series though becuase they put in the extra long 2+ parter Episodes.

End of Series 1 of Atlantis was suppose to be the 'The Storm' or something like that, the site again doesn't seem to list a good few episodes that were shown.

Could go through Stargate and see if I could find similar indescrepencies, but I'm finding myself liking it less and less for the storyline to Atlanis. About the only thing I prefer about both series now is Richard-Dean Anderson.. you notice when he became a Co-Producer, because the humour and scripts became a more realistic.
You have moments when there are lines that follow a charaters personality and have nothing to do with the story, so ya know like waffling heh
other-times you've seen them verbally stumble over words a few times, ya know the lil things that in real-life you don't get a second take to say something... so it seems to give it more humour

Killswitch
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2005 20:26
What is Stargate Atlantis? I've never heard of that before...Please don't tell me that there is a third stargate on earth in the city of Atlantis!?

~It's a common mistake to make, the rules of the English langauge do not apply to insanity~
Wiggett
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2005 22:30
yes there is sorta, they find out how to make an 8th chevron, or address symbol or whatnot, and it leads out fo their glaaxy to teh lost city of atlantis which was built by the anceitns, then it spawns its onw stargate rip off series set with new characters and a new enemy. pretty good but very much so resembles sg1, there is even a teal'c style character.

Quote: " @ Uberwiggett robx Dr. Fraser gets killed by a jaf'a staff blast, O'neil gets the wind knocked out of him but survives cause of a new body armor, I remember that paticuler episode."

really, see i must not have known that, even though i completely said i watched the episode and was dissappointed in them killing off the hot character and not killing oniel as they made you believe

JeBuS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2005 23:28
Quote: "End of Series 1 of Atlantis was suppose to be the 'The Storm' or something like that, the site again doesn't seem to list a good few episodes that were shown."

Except, it wasn't supposed to be. The Storm was the halfway marker for the season, the point at which it went on christmas hiatus I believe for you folks. This is one of those times when you're completely wrong Raven. There's another good 8-10 eps after The Storm, which'd put it right smack in the middle of the season.

Same with SG-1. Over the pond you guys just passed halfway through S8 a couple weeks ago or so. "It's Good To Be King" probably just aired there, which would mean you're 2-3 weeks past the halfway marker for S8.

dark coder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2005 08:38
i believe the atlantis finalie is 'the seige part II' and yeh raven look at all the series of stargate sofar there all 22 episodes ish, i dont think it would have stopped at e11

Dazzag
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2005 09:11
Er yeah, what do you mean? Read the mags and season one is all there is to see at the minute. The gap for xmas is exactly what it's called; a gap (ie. a break). Not the end of one, and the start of another. As to getting the order mucked up, well Sky are famous for that.

After all, SG1 was pretty much always 20+ episodes per season.

Another topic; what did everyone think to the second series (sort of) of the new BSG, now it's almost finished?

Cheers

I am 99% probably lying in bed right now... so don't blame me for crappy typing
Wiggett
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2005 11:09
well i downloaded season5, but it wa spoor quality so i ended up buying it later that day instead. season 6 comes out on dvd on the 19th apparently. (here that is.)

Yu Une
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2005 17:18
@ Killswitch I'm suprised that you havn't hear of stargate Atlantis, it's starting with season two on the sci fi channal, it's a spin off from stargate which air I think (correct me if I'm wrong) November-December of 2003. But to clarify stargate Alantis was unvailed in season 6 of stargate were it described what is called the ancients, [href] http://www.stargatesg1.com/home.html[/href]where as it would take to long to explain in detail but here's the stargate atlantis website http://www.stargateatlantis.com/
Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2005 21:30
why couldn't they kill off carter instead? she bugs me like a star trek voyager Janeway captain!

"eureka" - Archimedes
Wiggett
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2005 08:05
yeah the good doctor was 10 times hotter than carter, and she had a half decent alien daughter too, cept the daughter had a big nose, sorta a turn off. I guess thats just how they grow back on her planet.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 06:16:16
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 06:16:16