Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / How do i save text in a *.dat file?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm very novice in programing generaly.. Hope somebody could help me out here..

I'm making a small (basic text) program where i store phone numbers, b.days, e-mail's adresses etc. But i don't know how to store the information in a *.dat -file.
And how do i store the information without overwrite earlyer information previously stored in the *.dat -file?
Lost in Thought
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2005 09:36
The source box is bugged and your code isn't showing. Try using the code snippet tags instead. I would really look into Cattle Rustler and Exeat's plugin for easy file functions though it does require .net framework to be installed. DBP can do this but it is a bit troublesome. Everytime you want to write to a file and not overwrite stuff you have to copy all of the information into a temp file, delete the file you want to write to, open the file you want to write to (DBP will remake it), copy all the info from the temp file to the file you want to write to, delete the temp file, and then start writing your information. With CR & Exeats plugin you just use their open to append command and write your new information

CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2005 01:21
thanks, click the dbp_netlib link below

1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2005 04:27
DarkBASIC Network X has commands that are supose to do this, although they still need to be tested.

Click the sig

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 08:24:26
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 08:24:26