Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / how would i create a 3d rpg?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2005 01:23
i am trying to create a fully 3d rpg. i have a few 3d models, like weapons, but i need A LOT of help (with pretty much everything) can someone tell me how? i will include them in the credits if they help

'thank you, come again!'
TEH_CODERER
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2005 04:09
Look. I'm sorry if I'm wrong but you sound like a newbie. No offense, but start with something like pong or space invaders.

Hangman Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2005 05:31
Andrew is right, but if you are really intent on this and using DbPro, then there is an RPG maker code in CodeBase. I didn't look at the code itself though, because I use classic.

"His Chops are too righteous! The helmets can't handle this intensity of Rock and Roll!"-Plankton
Cian Rice
Years of Service
User Offline
Also if you would like some code to work with there is my RPG Snippet Thread which has code, and you can ask questions there.

Have a heart and join my message board.And now my messageboards work again!Woot!
Random 69
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2005 06:48
look ill give you some real help use this code

just make some sounds and make a model named dwarf.x

This code was made by Phalanx i belive.............

should start you with the 3d enviroment

I made a extra security function for windows Ask me for it.

I can disable ctrl alt delete windows key and alt dab Ask me for dll and code 5 lines of code and dll
Paynekiller Karnage Warrior
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2005 13:47
Erm...MakeRPG rpgname,number of npc's,quality level(1-10)??? Now that's weird...but would make a cool DLL!

<sarcasm> I'll post when i'm done with it! *he was never heard from again* <end sarcasm>
But seriously...maybe making a 2D RPG would be good to start with.

"All your code are belong to me."
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2005 01:10
i might be able to help u, but what do u need help with, i cant just make the whole thing for u

Video games…they can take you places unreachable, impossible, unfeasible. They put you in the book...they put you in the movie...they put you in a world, a world that before could only be imagined.
The Game Programmer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2005 10:45
Ugh, as much as I am a newb, I must say that this is sad. You MUST MUST MUST MUSt start much mcuh MUCH MUCH smaller. I started with pong, there's a great tutorial on the top of this board. Now I"m doing a mod on a tutorial written on the 2d board of a sidescroller. An RPG is a bigger huger thing that even most experts over 10 years can't do. As for you Gil Galvanti, you probably should team up with him, but not for an RPG, even if that is your alltime dream. Start small.

Well, I'm trying aren't I.....

When Life gives you lemons make orange juice. Then sit back and wonder how it was done.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 09:23:02
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 09:23:02