Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / championship manager and china- o ye i just love yellow people :P

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2005 02:00 Edited at: 12th Jan 2005 05:19
this thread was about an article of championship manager and som e problems with it in china, and because of that, anyone who play/sells such game would get in serious trouble, chinese government IMHO ..well...sukx, although i did a mistake and placed the world yellow and china togheter in the same sentence (in matters of speaking), well, if anyone gets ofended with that i apologyze, but unfortunatlyi cant change the title, although i regret it,anyways, im out of here....

changed name recently, remain the same, a.k.a sandra
adr
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2005 02:02
"yellow people"

If I can't eat it, drink it , **** it or fire it, I'm not interested
Vai mamar na pila
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2005 02:17 Edited at: 12th Jan 2005 05:04
gone because i suxkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

jrowe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2005 02:20
How is adr being remotely racist?

For Fathers and Sons who enjoy wholy spirits.
OSX Using Happy Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2005 03:30
He's not... It was mustrix saying something that may be classed as offensive - of which there will not be a repeat, will there ?

Visit http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~nickk/
I have no signature.
Jimmy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2005 04:40
My skin is kind of yellow.

Asians look tan to me. Especially the hot female ones.

Chenak
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2005 04:42 Edited at: 12th Jan 2005 05:28
removed.
Philip
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2005 04:47
I spent 15 months working in Hong Kong between January 2003 and April 2004.

This period saw the pro-democracy marches in HK, not to mention SARS.

While I was there I obviously had the pure delight and joy of seeing Chinese communism close up. Trust me, its not pretty. Its not pretty at all. This is a country in which even asking for democracy can get you locked up, without even the faintest inkling of a fair trial, for years. If you have more than child, this is against the law so the state usually tries to murder the second child at birth. If you knock the system, be prepared to live in a state of fear.

I was never happier than when I came back to Britain. The sooner that the communist party in China collapses, the better.

Philip

What do you mean, bears aren't supposed to wear hats and a tie? P3.2ghz / 1 gig / GeForce FX 5900 128meg / WinXP home
Jimmy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2005 04:49
So... we should be calling them red people?

Vai mamar na pila
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2005 04:53 Edited at: 12th Jan 2005 05:07
gone

because i suk

Chenak
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2005 04:56 Edited at: 12th Jan 2005 05:27
removed
adr
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2005 04:57
Oh I read the article - it was quite interesting. I agree it's an interesting read, and it does highlight how severely govornment-controlled states are ... and how odd their decisions can be. I've no qualms with the content, or the merit of the article, just how you phrased it.

And yes. I'm so obviously racist.

If I can't eat it, drink it , **** it or fire it, I'm not interested
Jeku
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2005 04:58 Edited at: 12th Jan 2005 04:59
Quote: "http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=5881

men, chinese dictatership should end"

What does this have to do with Chinese dictatorship? China has the absolute right to have a problem with Taiwan, Tibet, and Hong Kong being called separate countries--- because SURPRISE-- they aren't. If the U.S. developed a hockey game and had Quebec as its own country, I'd be rightly pissed too.

And if you didn't notice, it was the Chinese gamers that brought this to the government's attention in the first place. This article has nothing to do with "dictatorship".

--[GameBasic - Coming Soon]-- ^^^ banner generously designed by TheBigBabou
Chenak
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2005 05:00 Edited at: 12th Jan 2005 05:07
Quote: "Oh I read the article - it was quite interesting. I agree it's an interesting read, and it does highlight how severely govornment-controlled states are ... and how odd their decisions can be. I've no qualms with the content, or the merit of the article, just how you phrased it."

agreed..

Quote: "whatever, i am all that makes the ones who have nothing better to do then to criticise me without looking at theyre own mirror, whenever you point me a finger, you point 4 towards yourself, if calling me racist or hyphocrate or whatever you wont makes you happy, then ill gladly be that for you."

What the hell are you talking about? i had little problem with the post title and would have ignored it until you flamed someone who did. So do whatever the hell you want, just dont whine when someone flames you for flaming someone else
Vai mamar na pila
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2005 05:06 Edited at: 12th Jan 2005 05:11
hmmmmmmmm.............

Jeku
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2005 05:13 Edited at: 12th Jan 2005 05:13
But mustrix - you still haven't answered what this has to do with Chinese dictatorship, *or* why the Chinese government shouldn't have banned this game. I won't flame you, I'm just interested.

Vai mamar na pila
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2005 05:18
well, IMHO it had, because of the measures that wore taken towards this problem, if you read the article you will know wich are, anyways, this thread is far off from what i pretend to do with it, again i apologyze to anywone that fells ofended with the thread title, but unfortunatly i cant change it, althoug i dont apologyze to others that critics arent worth to respond, has some people are too young...(or just to stupid) to give a constructive critic or to show their deslike, so, im out off here, maybe better luke next time

Chenak
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2005 06:10 Edited at: 12th Jan 2005 06:11
Quote: "China has the absolute right to have a problem with Taiwan, Tibet, and Hong Kong being called separate countries--- because SURPRISE-- they aren't."

Thing is apparently a majority are playing the pirated english version that was translated by some guys, probably translated very very badly and thus causing these "protests". I woulda thought Sega would be really careful releasing a product that may offend the chinese government and the people, so a dodgy version being thrown around seems likely... Not too sure though because i'm not a fan of the championship manager games, so i haven't played the 2005 version. I thought they were addressed as 'teams' and not countries but its been a while since i tried em. But yah if they are addressed as separate countries in the legit version it is bad... but a $3k fine? geesh
Jeku
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2005 07:28 Edited at: 12th Jan 2005 07:28
Quote: "I woulda thought Sega would be really careful releasing a product that may offend the chinese government and the people, so a dodgy version being thrown around seems likely"

Yeah, that was very careless on Sega's part. Here's another question: is the legit Chinese videogame market large? They have a very bad problem with piracy, so I wonder if Sega even cares.

Chenak
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2005 08:08
I don't think the video game market there is that big, but if a country bans a game that they have made thats gotta take a hit in their sales . But im guessing the ban will increase popularity of the game rather than decrease it, and it would increase the piracy problem
Vai mamar na pila
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2005 08:24
sega guys say they were about to release a corrected version, but i think that chinese measurements are too extreme, if they start adopting this kind of polacy towards other games thta will be bad, wich makes me think, do they allow grad theft auto (gta) ?? i know for sure that theyre movies are deeply censurated, like, they cant show nudity, only uncovered brests, and stuff liek that, many movie directors ahev been banned or arrested, i mean, china his the biggest living dictatorship government, and they have seten up a system really hard to knock down, plus their military putentus is huge!

Dave J
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2005 09:06
Quote: "If you have more than child, this is against the law so the state usually tries to murder the second child at birth."

That's the one-child policy, unfortunately they had to put it in place because China is already an overcrowded country with a higher population than they can cope with, if its population continues increasing like it has in the past then its infrastructure would more than likely collapse. It's one of the reasons Australia has the highest number of Asian immigrants and although it's an unfair policy, it's one of the only choices they have. I never knew they killed the second child though, that truley is disgraceful.

"Computers are useless, they can only give you answers."
Jeku
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2005 09:40 Edited at: 12th Jan 2005 09:41
Quote: "I never knew they killed the second child though, that truley is disgraceful."

Through abortion, yes, but they don't hunt you down and murder your second kid.

My wife is from China, and she told me this:

If you have more than 1 child, you will not get the same kind of tax breaks as 1-child families. Also, if you are an only child and you marry another only child, you can have more than 1 child.

Some countryside provinces do not have this rule. They can have multitudes of children.

Mx5 kris
Years of Service
User Offline
. Poor,poor blown up europe...I mean china. If you didnt know about these things, then that is sad. I mean, even my 8yr old cousin knew about what was happening in china

3d meets 2d
Jeku
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2005 12:27
Quote: "If you didnt know about these things, then that is sad. "

What are you talking about.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 08:21:02
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 08:21:02