Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / forcefeed back

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2005 09:20
I just got a new Logitech force feed back joystick, anticipating playing a fps and feel it jerk back when I shoot. Now I find that there are almost no force feedback enabled games! Does anyone know of any decent games with ffb or know how to get BF1942 and Americas Army to work with it?

Am I an Idiot...or is everyone else just really smart?
i am foonman305

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2005 14:53
Yeah a few years back I bought myself a Gravis Aftershock, and was disappointed to find only a very selective number of titles used 'Rumble' technology.

Luckily at the time Rogue Squadron had just been released and did, which is what I'd actually bought it for. I don't know if BF1942 or AA have Rumble features, however something interesting to note is that a number of Quake3-Based titles do.

I know for a fact that every Quake3 Based games from Raven Software (Soldier of Fortune II, Jedi Knight, Elite Forces) have this feature. It's a shame that hardly any companies support the feature, however luckily the controller / joystick manufacturers keep making the hardware to support it.

I recently bought myself a new GameWare controller for a tenner that is capable of FFB. Been trying it out in DBP and an N64 Emulator, something baffling me is that 'Water Effect' doesn't work on it. Everything else does, but the water effect. There also doesn't appear to be a way to turn down the rumble effect until the previous effect has finish. This is annoying because without a timer based sequence there really isn't anyway to make customise how it works. Ends up providing a less than desirable effect.

Should be able to program them in a way so that if you update the effect it doesn't have to wait for the old one to finish, and you can create a custom effect that you can run as well as check to see if a current effect is still active.

I know that DirectX does it differently to consoles in that it sends a complete Force Effect to the controller, rather than something runtime.. but still it could be programmed so that it works in a more runtime mannor. Ho hum, well either way going to get Goldeneye to be working with this feature.
Ali M Oldboy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2005 15:53
A great explination!

I wouldn't even know how to except go to the store and change it back!

LOL

Cheers,
Ali M

[b]Nukesoft[b]
[b]Bigfoot's Choice! [b]
BadMonkey91
Years of Service
User Offline
I was messing around with Ut04\'s map editor, and noticed my controller shaking like crazy, and causing all kinds of trouble.

It seemed to have interesting forcefeedback, check that **** out!

I did in fact take a **** in the middle of posting this. Enjoy.

Badmonkey91@hotmail.com

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 08:25:05
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 08:25:05