Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / rotate limb, is it possesed??

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2005 00:52
How's it going every one?
I hope some one here is an exorcist! I have been trying to load a model of a tank into my game. The model loads fine and evey thing but i keep having this problem w/ the turret. It works fine when the ROTATE LIMB a,b,x,y,z command is rem(ed). But when i put the line of code in that allows the turret to track its targets, the turret gets scalled about 5x bigger than the hull! any one know how to get this to work?

This is my home Profile, im AKA DBasic Kahn

"Poor guys, they had US surrounded"- US 101st Paratrooper at the Battle of the Buldge"
Lost in Thought
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2005 02:19
It seems to work perfectly here. It may be that the limb on your object isn't centered correctly (it's 0,0,0 isn't in the center of your object). Could you post a small example of how you are trying to do this. You need to post the code (and media if you don't use DBP made object like I did).

Drunken French Munk
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2005 00:39
sure,all i need to do is this:

Here is the even stranger part. This was all working fine before. But then i scaled the model down, and added a cylindar at the base of the turret. thats when this problem started

"Poor guys, they had US surrounded"- US 101st Paratrooper at the Battle of the Buldge"

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Drunken French Munk
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2005 00:39
oops my code didnt appear. hmm, ill just add it manualy

load object "SCTank\enemytank.3ds",10
rotate limb 10,2,270,0,90

Lost in Thought
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2005 03:06 Edited at: 14th Jan 2005 03:10
With your code I get the first image here. It is flipping the turret on the x axis instead off the y. In the next 2 images I am only rotating it on the z axis and on the y and z in the last.

[edit] fila attachments not working for me. Is there anything the TGC have that is not bugged to death?

http://mapmasterz.com/turrettest.bmp

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 09:18:46
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 09:18:46