Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Wacky + Cool ideas for the DS

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2005 07:21
Has anyone noticed that developers have been falling short when designing DS software? (Ping Pals and Sprung, I'm looking at you) I've come up with a ton of ideas that would be really neat/disturbing if they were made into games/peripherals, so I'll post them on the off chance that a professional game creator (we're mostly hobbyists fr now, admit it) will see them and make an actual game out of them (that and we all need laughs).

1. A sort of DDR clone, except you'd use your fingers on the touch screen instead of your feet! It would be hilarious to watch giant-fingered people trying do dance off flab on their digits!

2. A swordsmanship game. It would be sidescrolling on the top screen, but the lower screen would be a sort of first-person view that you would use to chop of enemies using the stylus.

3. Online Smash Bros. COME ON NINTENDO! Online Smash Bros. Would be heaven! Jump Superstars is similar, but not similar enough!

4. Zelda. Yeah, I know they're making a Four Swords game for it. But What they should do is remake Ocarina of Time with the four swords thing as a bonus. They did it with A Link to the Past, didn't they?

5. A peripheral that allows you to use multiplayer for GBA games. I don't know how many suckers bought a DS, saw the GBA slot, and sold their GBA, but it's probably quite a few. Of course, it doesn't allow for Game Boy Color games or for the link cable and wireless adapter. It would be great for those fools.

That's all I can think of for now, but maybe some other forum members could post in with ideas. Show those lazy developers
Wot-for!

"His Chops are too righteous! The helmets can't handle this intensity of Rock and Roll!"-Plankton
Wiggett
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2005 09:20
i played the ds the other day froma guy who came bakc from japan, i think the ds rocks already, and anyone who doesn't is gonna taste my fist in their eye. yes they will lick their own eyeball and taste that my fist has just hit them there.

TravisP
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2005 09:22
6. Be better than PSP.

Note: The above I didn't say, your just crazy.

Not a ripoff of The Twilight Zone
Wiggett
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2005 09:26
it is better than psp, i saw that yesterday too, the game was lame, but it was good for watching tv, IN JAPAN!

*smacks travis's eye*

TravisP
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2005 09:34
7. Can fix peoples eyes.

Note: The above I didn't say, your just crazy.

Not a ripoff of The Twilight Zone
Zero Blitzt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2005 09:35
First of all, it is better than the PSP, just for the fact that it doesn't die after 4 hours of playing on it, and when you twist it, it doesnt shoot crappy UMD discs everywhere.

Anyway
Quote: "
3. Online Smash Bros. COME ON NINTENDO! Online Smash Bros. Would be heaven! Jump Superstars is similar, but not similar enough!

4. Zelda. Yeah, I know they're making a Four Swords game for it. But What they should do is remake Ocarina of Time with the four swords thing as a bonus. They did it with A Link to the Past, didn't they?
"

Online Smash brothers was an awesome idea, I was talking to my friends about this a few weeks ago.

Nintendo would like to keep new Zelda games off the DS, from what I read... somewhere (another weird Jap. site).

Anyway, heres the greatest idea I thought of:

"NotePadDS". I mean, look at Pictochat, it has a built-in keyboard, so they should make a thing like Notepad so people can take + save notes for viewing at a different time.

"And C++ has 2 version Microsoft visual C++ and Bordland C++."
Wiggett
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2005 09:36
it can already,

*smack's travis's other eyezorz*

BearCDPOLD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2005 09:50
my little bro got a DS. Whenever he's not looking I always nab it and play the metroid demo or some gba game on it.

I expected him to get the most fun out of the metroid hunters demo, but he's been addicted to messing around in pictochat, drawing funny pictures, comics and such.

Crazy Donut Productions, Current Project: Project Starbuks
Sony stole our name!
Mr Underhill
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2005 14:39 Edited at: 13th Jan 2005 14:53
8. Please oh please have a true 3d Mario RPG! Paper Mario is all well and good, but we've been waiting 10 years for a truely worthy sequel to SMRPG. It could be Nintendo's olive branch to Square-Enix, and, call me selfish, but I want to see Mallow and Geno again, in full 3d.

*nimbly dodges Uberwiggett's fist*

All teh codez are belong to us!
Hangman Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2005 07:24
What about Superstar Saga? Mallow and Geno aren't in it, but it's still hilarious.

And sales numbers say that the DS is selling more than the PSP in Japan, so is software. but the interesting partis that software sales are actually lower for the DS than hardware sales, meaning an odd thousand people are just playing Hunters and Pictochat!

@ Uberwiggit:
I don't think it can do that. You can edit other people's pictures in Pictochat, but that's the closest I can think of. They also took a poll in Japan and found that 53% of consumers are "extremely happy" with their DS and that 39% are "pretty happy" That's 92% happy customers! Looks like you'll have to punch 8% of the Japanese consumers though.

And yeah, they probably won't make a completly original Zelda title for a while. The Minish Cap is the first completly original Zelda for the GBA, and it only came out yesterday! But if they port OoT and MM, then you can have all the Zelda games except The Wind Waker and the new one on a handheld.

"His Chops are too righteous! The helmets can't handle this intensity of Rock and Roll!"-Plankton
2Leet 2Lose
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2005 08:57
what about GTA on the DS or Half Life on the DS or better yet.....Free internet connetion w/ the DS imagine yourself playing flash or Maplestory or even going on this very forum w/ the DS!!!!!

To cheat is not a crime, to cheat is to be more clever man.....
2Leet 2Lose
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2005 08:58
or.........proggraming on the DS

To cheat is not a crime, to cheat is to be more clever man.....
MaddA ChieF
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2005 09:11
Quote: "or.........proggraming on the DS"

that would be cool!
Plus think of playing Halo 2 wirelessly! It would be soooo cool.

www.geocities.com/vgamestuff
Preston C
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2005 09:16 Edited at: 17th Jan 2005 09:16
Quote: "call me selfish, but I want to see Mallow and Geno again, in full 3d."

I want to seem em again too...but not in another Super Mario RPG (though, the first was excellent), but in something like Super Smash Bros Melee.

Just image using Geno in a game like that, it'd be great.

Intel Celeron 1.3 Ghrz | 512 MB Ram | NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 128MB
MSVC++ .Net 2003 | Wings3D | CharacterFX | Gimp v2.0
Prayne de crabug ahm rinedere be-yogt iglo kes gron

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 08:30:48
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 08:30:48