Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / ff7 thread

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I am now at teh 'Temple of teh Ancients', this I think is my final time to be with Aeris, I feel - so helpless...I got Great Gospel item, but I cant use it yet (She is only on her level 2 limit breaks)...
Hey, I guess Im ahead of everyone then.
Hmm, Gi cave is good for levels? Didnt think about that, I just rushed through. I usually train for hours at the Sleeping forest, using Trine on all the monsters that come up - really effective.

-Formerly DarkSephiroth-
NathanF
Years of Service
User Offline
Talking about training spots, I just found what I belive to be the best of them. It is in the Temple of Ancients. After you face the red dragon in the room with the murals, you can hang around there and verse these 'Ancient Dragons', which usually come in groups of 2 or 3. Just use Bahamut on them once, and they all die, giving you 200ap and like 1800exp. Then you can heal just outside of the room if you get weak (theres one of them penguin guys). Did this for like an hour and gained 12 levels! Now am at 42...

-Formerly DarkSephiroth-
Wiggett
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2005 15:15
i reckon just sit there and get to lvl 100, then stop playign the game, that way aeris never dies, and you've played the game enough to say you got to lvl 100.

NathanF
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "that way aeris never dies"

Too late - she just did...
Im at the jenova reunion, very enlightening part of the game - It explains a lot.

-Formerly DarkSephiroth-
Eric T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2005 16:35
Only got about 2 hours worth of play in today.... in nibelheim, about to leave

Saving

Done for the day, have to wake up in 4 hours

<Mouse> lag, d'you like "real" RPGs? : <drac_work> ... : <drac_work> isnt that an oxymoron : * Mouse slaps drac_work :
<Mouse> don't contradict me bitch
Rpg Cyco
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2005 20:55
I'm going through it again now, as well. (PC Version.)

I'm up to the Gold Saucer. Characters are at least level 20 and I have Fire, Ice and Bolt 2. Just about to battle some more so I can get 30,000 Gil to pay for a lifetime pass.

- Rpg Cyco

BearCDPOLD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2005 06:45
You guys know any good leveling spots before the very end of the game? My guys are all at around level 50-55. I'd like to get some more health and such, and I really need to get some better moves like omnislash and double cut, but I either can't find them, or need to get a lot of AP.

Crazy Donut Productions, Current Project: Project Starbuks
Sony stole our name!
Rpg Cyco
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2005 10:39
You get Omnislash from the Battle Arena at the Gold Saucer.

- Rpg Cyco

NathanF
Years of Service
User Offline
There is a really neat leveling spot at the northern cave, just in one small part if I remember correct. You get mass AP there, and some real nice exp. Just explore the cave inside out, and you'll find it, plus some nice materia. (You can still go back, even just before facing final jenova.)

-Formerly DarkSephiroth-
Eric T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2005 11:20
Mideel area, fight head hunters. Just use a attack that does a couple thousand damage to all creatures... and bam, you gots your self an easy bit of nice exp and AP.

Still in nibelheim.... haven't played yet today, probably won't.

<Mouse> lag, d'you like "real" RPGs? : <drac_work> ... : <drac_work> isnt that an oxymoron : * Mouse slaps drac_work :
Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2005 21:41
Yeah in the mideel area. Also, if you have that thing that doubles the amount of gil you get per battle, you can get like 10000 gil when you beat those monsters in the mideel area.

CURRENT PROJECT: Chaos Hizzle Demo
NathanF
Years of Service
User Offline
Niice.. I just finished the battle with Weapon next to Midgar, and after it you get 35000exp and 3500ap - friggin awesome. Everyone like leveled up 3 times, and 4 materia were mastered
I think Disc 3 is about to start, so Ill get omnislash before it does...

-Formerly DarkSephiroth-
NathanF
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jan 2005 16:10 Edited at: 21st Jan 2005 17:24
I have omnislash , have beaten Hojo in Midgar, have completed Yuffies sub-quest...only to find out I lost disk. 3
Edit:nvm found it
If you want training spots, look no further than the magic pots of northern cave. They dont attack, they ask for an elixir at the start of each battle - give it to them, and you have an easy...

8000exp + 1000ap each!

-Formerly DarkSephiroth-

Attachments

Login to view attachments
BearCDPOLD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2005 12:10
Sweet!
I'm going to attempt Sephiroth again, then see where my weaknesses are and train accordingly.

Sony stole our name!
Rpg Cyco
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2005 12:41 Edited at: 22nd Jan 2005 12:48
I've just passed the Rocket Town and now I have to go to the Temple of Ancients. But I decided to do some training first.

I have mastered Bolt (twice), Ice, Fire (twice), Earth and HP Plus. Most other materia is in the final stages as well. I have all Nanaki's limit breaks, all of Cloud's except the final one, same as Barret. Just getting Aeris' at the moment.

I trained my characters where you beat the Materia Keeper boss (Mt. Nibel) and just use Trine on all the enemies except the Dragon (which you can steal handy Gold Armlets off) which I kill via high magic like Bolt 3. To train the limit breaks I just manipulated the Dragon, casted regen with another character and then attacked a character with the Dragon. I'm at Wutai at the moment though killing enemies with Aeris to get her first 3rd level limit, then it's back to Mt. Nibel.

- Rpg Cyco

Wiggett
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2005 12:57
christ dude im up to junon and im lvl 12, ur like a few horus ahead and ur lvl 52! jesus i was up to hojo and was only lvl 47!

Rpg Cyco
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2005 13:36 Edited at: 22nd Jan 2005 13:40
(May contain spoilers!)

==============================================

I don't remember my level at Junon, but I know I had Bolt and Fire 2 before I beat Boss that hurts Pricilla and Mr. Dolphin.

One thing I didn't do is that Fort Condor thing. I hate that so much. I think you HAVE to do it later on in the game though. Even if you don't, I still need to, to get Phoenix materia.

I also found a patch for the PC version of the game to replace the default Cloud Battle model with the higher res version from the last Sephiroth battle. Here is a screenie!

Sorry, it's not the best screenie.

- Rpg Cyco

NathanF
Years of Service
User Offline
Ive done the best thing with my materia on cloud, and its gonna get better:
-Cover materia (mastered = 100% covering allies)
-Counter attack (mastered = counters every turn)
-Hades + Added Effect on weapon (sleep+poison+confusion+small+frog+silence almost every attack done)
-Hp Up (So he doesnt die because of shielding party)
-Long Range (He is in back row, but damage is the same, it normally halves - Double Damage, Half Pain!!)

(equipped with ribbon so almost completely status protected)

If I get the time, I will make it even better with:
Counter Magic + Ultima (The new Ultima born)
Added Cut + Ultima (A third Ultima)
Quadra Magic + Master Magic (It includes Ultima)

Could someone tell me if that would work as planned?
Dun wanna wast 5hrs training...

-Formerly DarkSephiroth-
Rpg Cyco
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2005 16:09 Edited at: 22nd Jan 2005 16:15
Hhhmmm, the only thing I think may not work is: Hades + Added Effect. I don't think Added Effect works with Summons. I could be wrong though, of course.

I'm about to continue on with the game now, after getting all Aeris' and Vincent's Limits (except Choas of course). It's the first time (in my 4th time through the game) that I've had Aeris in my party when I don't have to. That means it's also the first time I've seen her limit breaks above Healing Wind, lol!

- Rpg Cyco

Los
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2005 23:58 Edited at: 23rd Jan 2005 00:00
I had Knights of the Round, DONT ACCUSE ME OF CHEATING!

Starting again.. I didn't want Yuffi, a pain in the ass. Took a pointless trip up to Wutai. Wondered why nothing was happening, no Turks

I may not bother with Vincent either this time..

Best part I was waiting for was at Junon when we are taken hostage, Tifa is being gased and then all hell breaks loose. Great score.

I'm now at the underwater reactor, I Morphed the Ghost Ship. That's when I stopped playing for weeks. I keep getting taken out by the boss. It kills one of me while it holds the other two. So this time I'll remember to pummle one of it's arms first. Goa!

p.s PC versions looks horrible. I play on PSX.

no no no no no no no no
BearCDPOLD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2005 00:49 Edited at: 23rd Jan 2005 06:57
PC version looks horrible and crashed often if you do not have the Nvidia patch.

[EDIT])$(#%*&@(*wtf#!!!mate!
It tells me I've learned all sorts of fun limit breaks like Meteorain and Dolphin Blow, but I can't use them.

Sony stole our name!
NathanF
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2005 07:52 Edited at: 23rd Jan 2005 07:53
Oh oh oh, I just learnt flash!
Took me like 20mins, looks really cool. For those tht dont know, there are a few attacks that replace the basic Attack. These are:
*Double-Cut (Attack a unit in with hits)
*4x-Cut (Attack random units four times)
*Slash-All (Attack all units once)
*Flash (Kill everything in one hit)
Problem is, as cool as Flash is, it will never do a single point of damage , it can only inflict death, which wont work well against most bosses...But its friggin cool for training . So I guess 4x cut is more effective and reliable.

Been training all yesterday, am at lv80 for Cloud, Barret, and Vincent - with all limits learnt.

Quote: "Hades + Added Effect"

Nono, that works fine. Im just worried about the Ultima combinations. Like, If I have Counter Magic + Ultima, and Ultima + Quadra Magic, and Ultima + Added Cut, will I use Ultima 4 times as a counterattack, and then attack the target once?

Oh and btw, for those intereseted in that training spot - come here with all your elixirs ready, and face the magic pots:

-Formerly DarkSephiroth-

Attachments

Rpg Cyco
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2005 08:32
Quote: "p.s PC versions looks horrible. I play on PSX."

PC version looks great and the framerate is heaven, if your using the Direct3D path. Not to mention the convenience of not having to dig out my PSX.

Quote: "Nono, that works fine."

Oh rightio, I've never tried it.

I just got the Highwind and am playing as Tifa. Time flies when your playing this game.

- Rpg Cyco

BearCDPOLD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2005 09:54
Found the Magic Pots, after 20 minutes of those guys I got a higher level than after battling Jenova and Bizarro Sephiroth. I just gotta go nab some more elixirs.

Sony stole our name!
NathanF
Years of Service
User Offline
Do you know the W-Item item duplicating thing?

Im messing around with a counter strategy for Cloud, I found some really great out. You can use multiple counter-attack materia. That is, for every counter-attack materia you have equipped, he attacks again ...Which means, you can have a max of 16 counter attacks per hit, I was like omfg - Thats like an OMNISLASH PER HIT!

-Formerly DarkSephiroth-
Great Knight
Years of Service
User Offline
I have the pc version and it looks cool. Only bad part about the pc version is that the last boss music does not have the lyrics.

Oh Best way to get AP is to equip a weapon that triples or doubles the AP and go to the south island. You can not get AP with the Ultima Weapon remember that.

NathanF
Years of Service
User Offline
For good ap, use Apocalypse - Found in the ancient forest (one close to cosmo canyon). Problem is, it only has 3 slots.

-Formerly DarkSephiroth-
Great Knight
Years of Service
User Offline
You know what move I find the funniest. It is super Nova. Takes like two minustes to do. lol You can like go to the bathroom and come back and it will still be going.

Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2005 20:41
Quote: "Only bad part about the pc version is that the last boss music does not have the lyrics."

Lyrics? What lyrics?

Great Knight
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2005 21:40 Edited at: 23rd Jan 2005 21:40
Yes. The song called "one wing angle has" lyrics.

The PS version has Lyrics the PC does not.
Here is a link to the Lyrics.
http://www.animelyrics.com/game/ffvii/ff7owa.htm

If you do not still belive me I will email you a link to DL the song and show you.

Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2005 22:02
Oh okay its just that I didn't remember it when I completed FF7 a while ago.

BearCDPOLD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2005 08:14
FF7 has been thoroughly pwninated by mois.

Took forever to beat Safer Sephiroth, I had to get to lv65 to be able to beat him.

Sony stole our name!
NathanF
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2005 10:07 Edited at: 24th Jan 2005 10:15
Did you get teh omnislash? Finish any sub quests, etc?
Im at lv97 for my 3 guys, and am still having trouble beating the underwater weapon thing..But I have a plan:
Demi3+QuadraMagic
Demi3+HpAbsorb
Demi3+MpAbsorb
Demi3+All
W-Magic

Edit:It is cast four times because of Quadra (with mp cost of 1 time), then doubled with W-Magic (with mp cost of 2 times) - It is now 8 Demi3s. When you reflect a spell off your whole party, it is cast back 3 times to the enemy at no extra mp cost (it is cast from the person it is being reflected off), and everyone gets healed mp/hp (By 9999/999 Im pretty sure).

I attack my players with demi3>, they reflect it and triple it. If all goes well, Demi3 will heal all my players hp/mp, and be cast on the weapon 24 times a turn. Im sure this works with spells like Fire, just dunno about Gravity.
But if it does, Gravity works on Weapon, and deals 9999 every time, then less later on - until it has like 1000hp, then I just attack it normally.

Also a question, If I have more than 1 quadra on a magic, will that mean that can be cast 8,12,16 times? Like, that would be soo cool.

Haha, I have mastered 6 counter attack materia. Now every time Cloud is hurt, he attacks 6 times back, each hit like 8000, Destroys everything. I beat the elite battle square thing like 10 times. Hehehe...

-Formerly DarkSephiroth-
BearCDPOLD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2005 10:44
Whoa dude, Sephiroth better watch his bumbum.

I got the manuals for Final Heaven and Catastrophe, and probably could have also gotten it for Omnislash if I'd have bothered to go pick up the 30 GP from that guy who rewards you for beating the Mog game. The only thing is, I never once during the entire game set my limit break level. For 99% of the game I was using Cross Slash, Big Shot, and only two of Tifa's limit spinners.
I explored the Gelnika, got all the Huge Materia, but didn't do Wutai or get Vincent.

Sony stole our name!
NathanF
Years of Service
User Offline
If you still intend on playing, theres a way to buy GP in Gold Saucer, walk in and out of the station area and the main room, and sometimes a guy appears at the top of the station, like, higher than the save point (the one you pay for). He appears less than 1/3 of the time, but each time he does, you can buy 100gp off him for 10,000gil. Thats what I did.

Just play around for a while, Im sure theres some things youve missed (aside the limits). The stuff like KOTR, Chocobos and Mass counter strategies (this ones got me real excited).

Btw, like the ending?

-Formerly DarkSephiroth-
Great Knight
Years of Service
User Offline
You should focus on Defence as much as Offence.
Knights of the round table does about 80,000-100,000 points of damage to every thing on the screen and since the Emrald weapon and ruby both have 1 million HP points that is a good move to have and master.Cids final limit break is also helpful for fighting the big guys.I would equip Quadra to Knights of the Round table once you can cast it 4 times. Because Quadra does work with summons if you are able to use the summon 4 times if you master it you will get another knights of the round table to use.

I got "Final Attack" Material today
It will use the material it is equip with Automaticly if the material is disable.

NathanF
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2005 14:17 Edited at: 24th Jan 2005 14:18
The never-ending battle with emerald, has come to an end...
I came so close to victory, my last demi3 did less than 9999, which meant I was close. But sadly, I !@#$ing ran out of time!
So close, I even took some pictures:

And yeah, I know how to get the underwater thing. Just didnt think Id be so close to winning.

-Formerly DarkSephiroth-

Attachments

Wiggett
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2005 16:04
stop getting the game finished, i havent eben able to play it since i am about to meet rufus on the junon harbor launch pad this is my thread so do what i say

NathanF
Years of Service
User Offline
Im still gonna hang around for a while, Im gonna completely finish this game now. All the sub-quests and everything. But I wont play forever, a hint for you would be, to start playing.

Im still working on my materia combos, now I have:
--Revive + Final Attack (Both mastered, on every player. Meaning you have to kill each player 5 times before its gameover. Once dead, Life2 is autocast.)
--CounterAttack + CounterAttack (Mastered, on Barret and Vincent. They counterattack twice when hit.)
--CounterAttackx8 (All mastered, on Cloud. He counterattacks 8 times, dealing about 70,000 damage all up. He is friggin tough because of this.)

Im working on some MagicCounter strategy now, and just got my Chocobo finished, so I have some nice new materia.

-Formerly DarkSephiroth-
NathanF
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2005 08:07 Edited at: 25th Jan 2005 08:08
Ahaha I beat Emerald weapon.
Funny thing was, each counter did more than a KOTR. Cloud had 8 couterattack materia, Barret had 6, and Vincent had 2 - Thats 16, each doing upwards of 8000 damage! So thats a minimum of 128,000 damage, whenever emerald hit the whole team

I had a FinalAttack+Life2 mastered on each player, but no-one died even once. On top of all that, Vincent had (all mastered), QuadraMagic+Demi3, MagicCounter+Demi3, AbsorbHp+Demi3, Counter+Mime, and W-Magic.
Whenever he is hit, he casts Demi3, 8 times, and heals 8000hp, and hurting Emerald by 79,000 damage each time.
Wait, that puts the grand counter attack total to..........

207,000 damage per team-counter!!!!

Thats like 5 turns, and Emeralds 1mil hp is gone.

-Formerly DarkSephiroth-

Attachments

Eric T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2005 08:21
I got a total of 0 gameplay hours in the last 5 days...

Too busy. I'll try and get some in tonight, hopefully make it to the end of the first disc. Thats my goal for tonight.

NathanF
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2005 09:04 Edited at: 25th Jan 2005 13:16
Hmm, I have an idea for yet another very-very strong attack.
Here goes:

Comet2 attacks enemies multiple times based on how strong the user's magic rate is. If you use heaps of magic source on the player, Magic increases (Up to 255 max I think).

Now say each Comet2 hits 6 times, dealing 3,000 per hit (because of strong magic rate). Thats already like Quadra-Magic with something strong (ie Ultima). So lets say Comet2 on its own does 18,000 (6hits*3,000=18,000).

This is the plan (everything at max level) for a 14-slot setup:
Comet2 + QuadraMagic (Makes Comet2 be cast four times later)
Comet2 + MagicCounter (Comet2 four times when hit)
Counter + Mime (Comet2 another four times when hit)
Life2 + FinalAttack (Good to keep it there just incase)

This equals up to 20 Comet2 castings. Which equals 360,000 damage every time you are hit!

Of course this depends on how strong the players magic is, and on how weak the targets spirit is (And immunity to non-elemental attacks). But even so, this thing can do a LOT of damage.
Also keep in mind, QuadraMagic does not cost any extra mp, so all up, it would cost the same as 5 Comet2 castings - 110*5 = 550mp per counterattack.
If thats too much, you may consider swapping a Counter+Mime with a Comet2+MpAbsorb (absorbs 1/100th of damage I think - 210mp per cast), or adding in HP<->MP Materia (And shielding the player during battle, he can only have max 999hp - Just put cover on someone).

Anyway, that pretty much covers my idea of another outrageously strong attack.

-Formerly DarkSephiroth-
NathanF
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2005 14:09 Edited at: 30th Jan 2005 14:10
Just to keep this thread alive. The new FF:AC trailer has arrived. It has footage of the new Sephiroth. I just managed to take a screeny at the end:

Main Site: http://www.square-enix.co.jp/dvd/ff7ac/

"Blame yourself, or God." - Delita

Attachments

Wiggett
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2005 14:14 Edited at: 30th Jan 2005 14:15
oh thats hot, there isn't a man alive who wouldn't be turned on by that.

NathanF
Years of Service
User Offline
I almost cried...

"Blame yourself, or God." - Delita
Ominous
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2005 07:00
All the Sephiroths in the game weren't clones. They are mental projections from Sephiroth. He is still alive in that Life Stream Chrysalis he's trapped in. The thing you beat at the end of FF7 is Sephiroth's mind or his desire to become a god. Final Sephiroth is Sephiroth's last attempt to absorb the released Life Stream by taking control of Cloud and using Cloud's mind to control the Life Stream.

Now is the winter of your discontent.
-Stewie from Family Guy

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 10:23:46
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 10:23:46