Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / new at Nuclear Glory

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2005 11:23
what does nuclear Glory really do what is the point in it? Is there any programming involved
Lost in Thought
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2005 12:36
Acolyte Entertainment
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2005 15:40
ok so 2 questions:

1: can you open nuclearglory collistion system or does it just add new comands to darkbasic?

2: what code do i type in to make it so my person can acually walk around and go up my ramps?
Lost in Thought
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2005 15:48 Edited at: 16th Jan 2005 15:49
1. It is its own system. You can call the commands for the collision system from within DBP. So in a way it adds commands to DBP but uses its own programming so it is faster.

2. See below ...
Download it. Read the help files that come with it. Open the examples they give you in DBP. Study them and compare the command usages to whats in the manual that comes with NGC. Compile and run the code. Take what you learned by studying their code and reading the help files and make it work with your levels.

If someone just gives you the code you will learn nothing. You will learn way more by following the method above. If you try on your own and have read the help files then post here and someone will help you with any problems you have.

Acolyte Entertainment
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2005 01:22
well uh dude i opened the 3rD person shooter and it came up with a blank editor same with all of the other little samples they gave me
Dr Crazy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2005 01:25 Edited at: 17th Jan 2005 01:31
Well, have you followed ALL the instructions ? I found you needed to add this at the top of the examples:

INCLUDE "NG COLLISION.DBA"

Make sure the "NG COLLISION.DBA" is in the same folder as the .EXE

[EDIT]
I advise NG because it saves alot of work but it can't handle really complex collisions (I think in v3 it can) such as high poly landscapes...I think it can but you need some manual code in. Just because it works out the collision process it doesnt mean you can be lazy and lie back!

1.9GHZ/Windows XP Home Edition/NVidia GeForce4Ti 4600/128MB RAM/60GB Hardrive
Lost in Thought
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2005 06:14
I would recommend staying with NGC V2.03 (the version I gave you a link too) V3.01 is way too bugy to use if you are new to programming. The blank files you are experiencing is a DBP bug. You either need to use an alternative ide like Blue IDE or run the DBProAssociator.exe program in your DBP folder. If thet doesn't work you need to left click on any .dbpro file, press shift and right click that file and selesct open with and change it from opening with Dark Basic Pro Launcher to just DBPro.

CPU
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2005 09:00
NGC SUPOSIDLY with V3.01 implemented an oct tree system to break down all the collision polygons into like a 3d grid sequence, only testing the polygons in your gridcube for collision, it's a real nice plugin, but unfortunatly i havn't had the time to go out and buy V3.01 and so i'm stuck with V2.03 for the time beeing, but I'll probably end up getting V3.01 soon...

CPU

[center]K-OS Battlefields
IS
///---///---///---UNDER CONSTRUCTION---\\\---\\\---\\\
[center]
Lost in Thought
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2005 12:30
The octree system and several other features are bugged in V3. They are working on fixing it though.

Acolyte Entertainment
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2005 14:00
ok thanks i bought v 3

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 09:27:26
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 09:27:26