Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Selling

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2005 23:18
Hi, i'm thinking of selling my dark basic pro and wanted to know if the buyer would be able to activate the new updates on their pc?

Neofish
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2005 23:31
I assume they would seeming as it uses the CD

Quote: "are you allowed to resell it?"

it is his property, he can eat it if he wants to

1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2005 00:09
But, double check the EULA of DB, but if you sell the program than you will not be able to use the program on your computer because you do not own the software. So if you have it installed on your computer you would have to uninstall it before you give the software to him.

Click sig for DarkBASIC Network IDE.
David T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2005 00:20
And TGC removed the CD check didn't they?

I remember a while ago it was fine to sell your copy of DBPro - it required the CD every 200 compiles or something so selling the cd basically crippled you.

Get 15 new commands, all the date / time commands left out of DBPro for free!
DOWNLOAD PLUGINS HERE: http://www.davidtattersall.me.uk/ and select "DarkBasic"
Dom
Years of Service
User Offline
Huh I thought the CD check was still there

Thanks to Animeblood for the Logo!
the_winch
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2005 01:40 Edited at: 17th Jan 2005 01:44
I think the old cds at least have no unique id on so they can't tell if you are trying to activate a cd that has never been activated before or one that has been activated 10 times. If you sell it the new owner will just have to activate it the same way that you did.
Perhaps they added a unique id to newer cds produced after they introduced online activation so they can see how many times a cd has been activated.

The cd check after so many compiles has been gone for ages and was so easy to remove it was pretty pointless. It also makes no difference on weather or not you can sell the program.

Quote: "this is not a quote"

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 08:29:45
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 08:29:45